DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

2 hours ago, iowanole said:

What is the story?

"Secondly, I wanted to share a quick story of your dad that really made me and my brothers summer back in the early 90's. The WWF was running a house show at a maybe 5,000 seat civic center in a smallish town in Florida and my dad worked for a construction company that was doing the renovations on it that were ongoing on the day of the show. He was in no way a wrestling fan but knew how much my 7 year old brother and I loved it.

Because he had an all access badge for the arena due to the construction work, my dad took us a few hours early to the show to walk around. He had access to a special lot behind the building where we parked. It was facing this pretty big pond that was known for good fishing. As luck would have it, my brother and I's absolute favorites were The Hart Foundation and they were out fishing by the pond killing time in the hours before the show started along with one of the Beverly Brothers. My dad, who wasn't starstruck at all because he had no idea who any of the guys were, got into a fishing conversation with the Harts and eventually they were talking to me and my brother. We told them how excited we were to see them on the card tonight and they asked us who our least favorite wrestler was. We both immediately said The Earthquake because of what he did to Hulk Hogan and Damian the snake.

Lo and behold like 20 minutes later, Earthquake comes walking out in street clothes towards the Harts to hang out. Will never forget this, Jim Neidhart cuts him off, starts whispering in his ear and comes back. Like two minutes later Earthquake storms up, cuts a promo on my brother and I and starts doing the earthquake stomp in a circle around us. We were horrified momentarily until Bret Hart and Jim Neidhardt stormed over, put on a show to protect us and Earthquake begged off and went back into the building.

It was the most completely unnecessary gesture given everyone involved had likely been on the road for weeks, driven hundreds of miles that day from the closest major city to get to us, and just probably wanted to relax without a dad and his two kids impeding on their personal time. We have told that story for years and it made my dad a fan for the next 15 years.

Probably no more than a few minutes of your dad's life but he created a moment for my family that we still talk about to this day when he absolutely could have just blown us off. So sorry your loss and thank you to your family for the memory."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

31 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

"Secondly, I wanted to share a quick story of your dad that really made me and my brothers summer back in the early 90's. The WWF was running a house show at a maybe 5,000 seat civic center in a smallish town in Florida and my dad worked for a construction company that was doing the renovations on it that were ongoing on the day of the show. He was in no way a wrestling fan but knew how much my 7 year old brother and I loved it.

Because he had an all access badge for the arena due to the construction work, my dad took us a few hours early to the show to walk around. He had access to a special lot behind the building where we parked. It was facing this pretty big pond that was known for good fishing. As luck would have it, my brother and I's absolute favorites were The Hart Foundation and they were out fishing by the pond killing time in the hours before the show started along with one of the Beverly Brothers. My dad, who wasn't starstruck at all because he had no idea who any of the guys were, got into a fishing conversation with the Harts and eventually they were talking to me and my brother. We told them how excited we were to see them on the card tonight and they asked us who our least favorite wrestler was. We both immediately said The Earthquake because of what he did to Hulk Hogan and Damian the snake.

Lo and behold like 20 minutes later, Earthquake comes walking out in street clothes towards the Harts to hang out. Will never forget this, Jim Neidhart cuts him off, starts whispering in his ear and comes back. Like two minutes later Earthquake storms up, cuts a promo on my brother and I and starts doing the earthquake stomp in a circle around us. We were horrified momentarily until Bret Hart and Jim Neidhardt stormed over, put on a show to protect us and Earthquake begged off and went back into the building.

It was the most completely unnecessary gesture given everyone involved had likely been on the road for weeks, driven hundreds of miles that day from the closest major city to get to us, and just probably wanted to relax without a dad and his two kids impeding on their personal time. We have told that story for years and it made my dad a fan for the next 15 years.

Probably no more than a few minutes of your dad's life but he created a moment for my family that we still talk about to this day when he absolutely could have just blown us off. So sorry your loss and thank you to your family for the memory."

That’s awesome!  Thanks 

I'm watching the 1997 Royal Rumble and just... In the ring right now where I'm at are The Undertaker, The Rock(y Maivia), Terry Funk, Vader, Mankind, Fake Diesel (Kane), Bret Hart, and Steve Austin.

(Okay, and Henry Godwin)

That's like 50 combined world titles, at least half of them are WON Hall of Famers.

It's kinda insane.

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

There is no beef. Edge consistently praises Becky on the podcast. They're goofing around on Twitter.

Also - they went back and further a few weeks ago too in a similar fashion

So yeah - it is possible they are trying to convince someone to let them do a Beth/Becky match

I mean if hastily through together another all women's PPV since they couldn't run Alexa/Nattie - I could see them pushing Becky/Beth as the Main Event

• Thanks 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • RIPPA pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reportedly (but not by anyone I really trust) Triple H will be teaming with AJ Styles and Anderson and Gallows during the WWE's Japan tour

WWE's Japan web site confirms it.  Match is Triple H & AJ Styles & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Drew Mcintyre & Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley & Samoa Joe .

https://wwe.co.jp/news-20190607-vol1/

32 minutes ago, nofuture said:

WWE's Japan web site confirms it.  Match is Triple H & AJ Styles & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Drew Mcintyre & Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley & Samoa Joe .

https://wwe.co.jp/news-20190607-vol1/

Reading those cards... I wonder if the Kabuki Warriors were originally supposed to get a token title win before this tour before they were pulled from TV.

Triple H, professional Flair mark, praising Jane Douglas? Seems unlikely.

Shane. Not Jane. Jane Douglas is on YouTube OxBox.

Folks are raving about the Daniel Bryan/Rowan vs. Chad Gable/Apollo Crews match from this weekend's house show

So I am sure no one taped it but the Lars Sullivan/Matt Hardy match will make its way onto Youtube

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Folks are raving about the Daniel Bryan/Rowan vs. Chad Gable/Apollo Crews match from this weekend's house show

That actually sounds like a great team. But another black tag partner for Gable?When The Nation is rebooted, Gable needs to end up in that stable as the modern “Black Hart” Owen Hart.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Ryder and Hawkins

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That actually sounds like a great team. But another black tag partner for Gable?When The Nation is rebooted, Gable needs to end up in that stable as the modern “Black Hart” Owen Hart.

TIL Bobby Roode is black.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Wonder how many weeks it took Vince to realize that neither team in the tag team championship feud had the tag team belts.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hopefully this means Ryder and Hawkins lose the belts. Its been so odd seeing Usos and Revival feud without titles or a title shot involved.