DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

14 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

When you're in your late 30's, 'like 30 years' can be anything from the beginning of documented time to the year 2000, where my pop culture references go up to. So, I think I'm good.

I'm also in my late 30's. Here's to our soon to be waning testosterone, my friend. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I mean, they took off Total Divas and if that’s not an indictment of their decision making, I don’t know what is.

More damning about Total Divas in general is that no one has bothered to update their wiki with the Season 9 info

Just because I am petty - from the newest WON

Vampiro, who was at Starrcast (he lives in Las Vegas), has said that he’s looking to get back into shape and taking indie bookings later this summer. Didn’t he just say he had Alzheimer’s a few weeks ago

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Finn Balor definitely has the same thing going on with Asuka, stop-start pushes that don't matter to their fans. It's almost like you'd see how psyched people are for these performers and do something consistent...

Blame Balor's shoulder meeting Seth Rollins for that. He was pushed straight to the top on his debut. Won the Universal title in his first month, but had to vacate due to his injury. And by the time he returned, Braun Strowman had got hot. They've tried a bit here and there with Finn, but his shoulder ripping to shreds will go down as one of the worst-timed injuries in wrestling history. He was going to keep the Universal title at least through 2017 Royal Rumble and probably into WM 33.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

NXT Papa H must despair at times with NXT to main roster booking talent with the odd exceptions.

I'm sure he does. I wonder how often he has to restrain himself from sneaking up on Vince and strangling him. 

• Like 1

Look man, you can believe what people have told you, but I know that there was at least one other person well known for stirring up shit behind the scenes in that movie, if you get my drift.

Wesley Snipes never fucked Katie Vick mannequins.

On camera at least.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I wish there was a shitty bootleg sequel of Blade (like those Showtime Universal Soldier sequels with Burt Reynolds and Gary Busey) that Vampiro got to be in. 

Blade: The Series feels like a bootleg sequel to Blade.  I absolutely loved it.  If he staked Vampiro it'd be all good, he'd probably make an interesting fight scene.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

Maybe Vampiro forgot he has Alzheimer's?  Because that's how it actually works. I worked in Eldercare specifically with Alzheimer's victims for 23 years. No one ever has said " Sorry, must have been my Alzheimer's ". Alzheimer's victims don't know there's anything wrong , they forgot it.

So,  I guess Vamp is either a total zero or a victim of Alzheimer's who still gets booked.

7 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Blame Balor's shoulder meeting Seth Rollins for that. He was pushed straight to the top on his debut. Won the Universal title in his first month, but had to vacate due to his injury. And by the time he returned, Braun Strowman had got hot. They've tried a bit here and there with Finn, but his shoulder ripping to shreds will go down as one of the worst-timed injuries in wrestling history. He was going to keep the Universal title at least through 2017 Royal Rumble and probably into WM 33.

It's funny, he went from great timing (being the new hotness right at the brand split and while Roman was in the dog house) to terrible timing in one single move.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I'm also in my late 30's. Here's to our soon to be waning testosterone, my friend. 

Well, one plus of being a WWE fan- apparently Frank Thomas has been telling us we might have problems satisfying our s.o. with a free two-week sample to fix it.

(Seriously, not sure which is weirder: WWE bypassing the middleman of ICOPRO and actually advertising testosterone on their shows, or WWE advertising it when the wrestlers would get suspended for using the product.) 

14 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Look man, you can believe what people have told you, but I know that there was at least one other person well known for stirring up shit behind the scenes in that movie, if you get my drift.

Wesley Snipes never fucked Katie Vick mannequins.

On camera at least.

I remember when it came out they had an interview with Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds and they asked them about Wesley Snipes and Biel said “Well Wesley is very method so when he plays Blade he gets really into character...”. And shortly after that I saw an interview with Triple H on Off the Record and they asked him about Snipes and he was like “Well we were told to say he’s a real method actor” and laughed.  It was very funny to see the party line and someone admit to it being the party line so close together! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Today is the 9th anniversary of the Nexus' debut.

Only guy who became anything out of it was the one that was fired after night 1. But we all knew a talented guy like Bryan was going to make it farther than anybody else.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Only guy who became anything out of it was the one that was fired after night 1. But we all knew a talented guy like Bryan was going to make it farther than anybody else.

Don't forget Heath Slater, he's had a better than expected career.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's crazy that none of the Wade Barrett pushes ever took. Guy was competent in the ring and had a great look and presence. It's a shame WWE decided to stop making stars. 

He was the one I thought would have the biggest and greatest career. Just from the moment I saw/heard him I was like....that's the guy right there.