DVDVR Message Board

SDL is DA MAN - 6/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

First hour was nothing but hour 2 was good. Loved the womens triple threat and wish that was the title match instead. Charlotte/Carmella have developed great chemistry, always enjoy them as opponents and thought Alexa looked great back in there. Shane O's mocking of Roman's oooahhh after the Spear was hilarious. Also hyped for Goldberg/Taker and SaudiMania.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

Kofi/Xavier vs. Sami/Kevin was solid.

Charlotte vs. Carmella vs. Alexa was a better match than any previous singles these three have had against each other. That was a pleasant surprise. Not big on Alexa challenge Bayley though I suppose I'm happy they didn't just go with Charlotte again.

The 24/7 moments were fun.

I'm happy they finally had Lars speak though it was nothing that greatly interested me.

I pretty much fast forwarded through all of the Ziggler stuff. Did the same with the Shane/Roman segment and Goldberg's segment later on. I'm not watching Super Showdown and Taker is way past his prime so I'm not really interested in seeing their promos, especially if they somehow end up good enough to sell me on an idea I know is bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

If they can't make money with Otis vs. Bryan where if Bryan loses he has to eat a giant steak, they should just shut the company down.

Forget that...Steaks vs Steaks.  Either Bryan has to eat them or Heavy Machinery can only lift weights.  No steaks.  Which leads to Machinery looking leaner but with less bulk and winning anyway.  

45 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

If they can't make money with Otis vs. Bryan where if Bryan loses he has to eat a giant steak, they should just shut the company down.

This is the best idea since:

• Like 1

Wow did that Lars promo go on for fucking ever. Jesus.

Carmela deserves so much credit for how much she's improved since losing the belt. Her and Truth are a great act, and she just keeps getting better. I really wanted her to win that match.

Alexa challenging Bayley for the belt is giving me bad flashbacks to how they utterly destroyed Bayley's entire act.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Carmela deserves so much credit for how much she's improved since losing the belt. Her and Truth are a great act, and she just keeps getting better. I really wanted her to win that match.

Alexa challenging Bayley for the belt is giving me bad flashbacks to how they utterly destroyed Bayley's entire act.

I thought the same thing, especially about Bayley. I say there thinking, wow, they nearly resurrected Bayley as one of the top women I'm the company, a top person period, and now they're going to kneecap her by having her lose and lose and lose and lose to Alexa again. I hope not, but I got flashbacks.

• Like 3

With women like Ember and Liv practically begging to be used, I’m surprised they went with this match and a Raw woman winning. I would have at least freshened it up with a Carmella win if this is the route that they just had to take. 

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I thought the same thing, especially about Bayley. I say there thinking, wow, they nearly resurrected Bayley as one of the top women I'm the company, a top person period, and now they're going to kneecap her by having her lose and lose and lose and lose to Alexa again. I hope not, but I got flashbacks.

Same here. Man that feud in 2017 made Bayley look bad. 

Tad surprised they went with Bliss with how little she's wrestled this year. On and off again.

Edited by The Natural

A RAW wrestler challenging for a SDL title and Heavy Machinery not getting a title shot (in storyline) reminds me that technically the Usos are the #1 contenders for the SDL Titles

But again - what happens on the kickoff show doesn't count

29 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Tad surprised they went with Bliss with how little she's wrestled this year. On and off again.

Alexa is scheduled with Becky in house shows this summer, and WWE is clearly doing a thing w her and Nikki Cross. I wonder if Nikki is gonna accidentally cost Alexa the match, leading to stuff on the Raw side..,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

The only thing I can think of is that out of everyone on the roster, Bayley is going to be the safest person for Alexa to wrestle.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The only thing I can think of is that out of everyone on the roster, Bayley is going to be the safest person for Alexa to wrestle.

Alexa took a boot from Charlotte in that match last night that I was reasonably sure was going to end her career...

Just now, just drew said:

Alexa took a boot from Charlotte in that match last night that I was reasonably sure was going to end her career...

Hah, yeah. I pretty much think any bump is going to end Alexa's career at this point. This was something I never once thought about. I forget who, but someone on here used to complain that Alexa is too small for the push she's getting. I didn't really see it, but now I just think of her being super fragile.

• Like 2

I suspect the idea with Alexa/Bayley is to give Bayley a win in a quick feud (there's only a two-week build) that will feel more satisfying precisely because so many fans will be paranoid about a repeat of 2017, even though it doesn't make logical sense. (the Raw roster is small and really lacking thanks to injuries, so losing Alexa would be silly.)

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SDL is DA MAN - 6/4/2019

I'd really like Bayley to cut a promo or for them to put a video package together for her where she's not the woman she was before and she's tougher now, she's more seasoned, and she doesn't take crap from people. 

That way, if Sasha ever returns and they decide to feud, it becomes very easy for Sasha to say she made Bayley into who she is today and she can break her too.

• Like 2