DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Huskus the Pig Boy - 6/3/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'll save you the trouble of wondering where this will go.

They will continue to trade wins and losses until they are paired together as a team team. It's the same build as The Bar.

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this all feels very familiar. Part of that is because for whatever reason, they only know how to do one thing with Cesaro.

At least they'll make for a good tag team.

I have no reason to doubt this, but what happens when Sheamus heals up? 

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'll save you the trouble of wondering where this will go.

They will continue to trade wins and losses until they are paired together as a team team. It's the same build as The Bar.

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this all feels very familiar. Part of that is because for whatever reason, they only know how to do one thing with Cesaro.

At least they'll make for a good tag team.

Have we all come to the conclusion that Cesaro is not a “Swiss Superman”, But is actually a “Swiss Arn Anderson”?

• Like 1

The crowd were not quite sure what to make of Lacey/Charlotte and it didn’t help that both looked like they were moving through quicksand. I’m assuming this is leading to a triple threat which...no. 

The partnership with R-Truth has done wonders for Carmella. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jamal said:

The crowd were not quite sure what to make of Lacey/Charlotte and it didn’t help that both looked like they were moving through quicksand. I’m assuming this is leading to a triple threat which...no. 

They looked like they were amateur shooting one another for like five minutes. Charlotte looked like she was constantly winning it with a head, and arm guillotine. It was kinda cool, and really weird.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Good matches, good promos, the Muscle Man Dance and a fucking Vince McMahon puppet. Not sure what was bad about this show.

Edited to mention how much the Iconics rule. 

Edited by Dewar
  • Like 1

Bray's braided man bun may have been the greatest thing I have ever seen on my television on a Monday night and I firmly believe that the man bun is a tool of the devil.

I'm also very curious about this. Is it going to be a Waylon Mercy kind of thing where he comes to the ring as "Happy Funhouse Bray", the bell rings, and he gets brutal and evil, then when the match is over he's back to good Bray? Will it be a Finn Balor type thing where his "demon" comes out when provoked? As entertaining as these vignettes are, how does this type of thing translate to an in-ring competitor?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I'm also very curious about this. Is it going to be a Waylon Mercy kind of thing where he comes to the ring as "Happy Funhouse Bray", the bell rings, and he gets brutal and evil, then when the match is over he's back to good Bray? Will it be a Finn Balor type thing where his "demon" comes out when provoked? As entertaining as these vignettes are, how does this type of thing translate to an in-ring competitor?

Best case scenario

• Like 2

I was out of town for the weekend and just watched Raw after driving back this morning so maybe I'm just too tired but I'm surprised many of you liked this episode. I thought it was very dull. Almost every segment began with an in ring promo.

Show opened with Reigns/Shane/McIntyre to lead into the tag match. Then Miz TV just to lead to Lesnar arriving. Then Becky/Charlotte/Lacey Evans into the women's match. Then Mysterio/Joe and an arm wrestling bit, and then finally a match (Cross/Royce) without a lead in. Of course then we get Rollins again, HHH/Orton and Undertaker. 7 promos. Huge overkill. Didn't need Rollins twice, didn't need the opening and probably didn't need the women's.

Charlotte and Lacey could possibly have had a better match, but I appreciated the way the match was led into and felt like it was legit impromptu. The choice of finish to keep both women looking strong and get Becky over was ok.

I love the Iconics. I find them to be comedic gold on the mic and in their segments. Peyton and Nikki have worked together before and used that little time well to also work in Billy and Alexa. 

Ricochet and Cesaro had another great match. I was a little iffy on them starting out and going straight for that corner rana spot, but their pace and chemistry throughout was too good to deny. 

4 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Graves calling Lance Armstrong one of the greatest cyclists ever?

Is he not?

I mean, sure, he cheated his ass off, but so did everyone else who placed in most of those races. And most of the people who didn't place.

Horrible hypocrite, but still, he was great at biking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Is he not?

I mean, sure, he cheated his ass off, but so did everyone else who placed in most of those races. And most of the people who didn't place.

Horrible hypocrite, but still, he was great at biking.

Nope, he's not.

Without his doping, he would at best have been a one-day classics rider with stage wins here and there.  He would never have even been considered to be a Grand Tour contender at all.  Hell, if you believe the Andreus (and most now do believe them), Armstrong was doping for a while before he came down with cancer (and there is the question of whether the EPO helped cause the cancer) and who knows if he could have been a consistent classics rider or more of a glorified domestique.

(And yes, doping was and still is rampant in cycling.  But the organized doping in US Postal/Discovery was on another level, and Armstrong was the leader/king intimidator)

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 7:39 PM, MonteCarl said:

On 6/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Best case scenario

Festus Mk II. 

;).

How you could do it, at least in a previous era:

1) he starts all happy and fun and silly chain wrestling spots, somewhere between Johnny Saint and Doink

2)  opponent gets frustrated and  annoyed, does heel tactics

3) Wyatt goes evil and fucks their shit up

Whether it will work on a RAW show filled with 50-50 booking is another matter.

On 6/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, dogwelder said:

Graves calling Lance Armstrong one of the greatest cyclists ever?

um,  isn't 'cycling" a term used  regarding the use of steroids?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1