DVDVR Message Board

NXT - JUNE 2019

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My guess is he chose it based on the show. Maybe he's going to have a gimmick similar to his TNA one.

With the last name Lumis, I guess the NXT name formula is first name of your favorite tv show character and last name of your favorite horror movie villain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

With the last name Lumis, I guess the NXT name formula is first name of your favorite tv show character and last name of your favorite horror movie villain.

I'd be Jerry Sawyer (Leatherface's last name, I don't acknowledge the re-make and the Hewitt name)...or I could go by Jerry Leatherface.

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Day 2 of the tapings are barely a hour in and are fucking wild already.

Strap the fuck in

And the just got wilder.

Man, I love NXT.

Noah was all-time fav. promotion, but being able to attend NXT regularly has changed that.

Guest Edwin
Spoiler

I was baffled with Io losing to Shayna and turning on Candice last night, however her new heel character is incredible. She has new theme music, a new entrance, has fantastic heelish facial expressions while speaking in Japanese to the fans and wears all black. It's truly something I can see everyone loving.

Riddle and Ruas put on an incredible opening match. Best Ruas match I've ever seen with some fantastic striking and grappling exchanges on the mat. Killian Dane made his NXT return tonight by attacking Riddle after the match.

Apollo Crews also made his NXT return against KUSHIDA in another fantastic match. 

The Forgotten Sons put a beatdown on Breeze and Fandango ran out to make the save to a massive pop.

Based on the past 2 nights tapings -- it seems like the TakeOver: Toronto card will be Cole/Gargano III for the title in a falls count anywhere match, Dream/Strong/Dunne for the NA title, the Street Profits/TUE for the tag titles, Shayna/Mia for the women's title and Riddle/Dain or Breezango/the Forgotten Sons and/or the tournament final between Grimes/Myles.

Edited by Edwin

Spoiler

Well so much for that WWEPC video where Fandango was talking about being more of a serious wrestler.  Although I think we are past that part for him giving how his character has never been serious not even in his NXT days.  

Love seeing the former members of Sanity are actually being used.   At this rate working for NXT brands is a step up instead of a step down.  Don't believe me ask Eric Young how he is doing.  

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Aaaaand I forgot to set an alarm and missed out on tickets for August post TakeOver tapings and now I have to begin digging around Stub Hub and Twitter for the next few weeks until I can find some.

To follow up on the EVOLVE thread where Kyle O'Reilly was pulled from the two upcoming shows.

The reason - per Pro Wrestling Sheet - is that the stitches he got in his back due to his Takeover injury developed a staph infection

(He also had to miss the Download Festival)

He should be back in a couple of weeks

• Sad 4

• RIPPA locked, unfeatured, unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic