DVDVR Message Board

NXT - JUNE 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Its a show that takes place in a different country at a completely different time from All Out. Realistically it shouldn't be competing for viewers at all so I'm not sure it was done in response to AEW. NJPW has a UK show taking place the same day as well.

• Like 1

I'll watch both shows, because I'm sure they'll both be worth watching, but if they expect people to take NXT UK seriously, they need to demonstrate that wrestlers can actually move from it to the main roster. Like, what the fuck is Pete Dunne still doing there? Whether or not he'd be used properly on Raw or Smackdown is another issue, but at this point if even he still hasn't had a proper shot, what hope does anyone else have? To use a football/soccer reference that's kind of fitting in this case, I might not believe that Amir Jordan/Newport County would thrive if they got promoted from League Two to the Premier League, but I need to believe there's an established route to get from one to the other if he performs well enough, if I'm going to be invested in his matches vs Jack Starz/Mansfield Town.

40 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

I'll watch both shows, because I'm sure they'll both be worth watching, but if they expect people to take NXT UK seriously, they need to demonstrate that wrestlers can actually move from it to the main roster. Like, what the fuck is Pete Dunne still doing there? Whether or not he'd be used properly on Raw or Smackdown is another issue, but at this point if even he still hasn't had a proper shot, what hope does anyone else have? To use a football/soccer reference that's kind of fitting in this case, I might not believe that Amir Jordan/Newport County would thrive if they got promoted from League Two to the Premier League, but I need to believe there's an established route to get from one to the other if he performs well enough, if I'm going to be invested in his matches vs Jack Starz/Mansfield Town.

Well at the end of the day, what is NXT UK?Is it development? Is it a territory? I sometimes watch NXT UK, and think to myself that this is WWE’s Euro Disney, or Tokyo Disney. It’s a carbon copy of an American product, but with a local flavor. But even with the NXT branding on it, I don’t believe they have any intent to bring these guys to the US. I think the ultimate intent is to create a big arena touring company, maybe with a bigger moniker than NXT UK.

• Like 1

Along the metaxy between territory and development, NXT-UK sits a little closer towards territory than NXT- but they do have a performance centre of sorts, and NXT is increasingly heading in that direction anyway.

I mean ECW was even kinda sorta a development fed for WWE on the down-low.

Yeah - All Out is the least of that shows worries.

As mentioned - it overlaps with the New Japan show AND there is a Wales/Ireland rugby match in Cardiff that day too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - All Out is the least of that shows worries.

As mentioned - it overlaps with the New Japan show AND there is a Wales/Ireland rugby match in Cardiff that day too

And then there's this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

If you wanted to watch nearly 6 hours of the combine, here ya go

I honestly don't understand why they didn't just put out an hour special showing the highlights of the combine.  I'd watch that, I don't have 6 hours to watch other people work out...If I had that kind of time I'd probably work out myself.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

And then there's this.

What’s the overall consensus of NXT UK in the UK? I thought it’d be a cakewalk for the WWE in that part of the world. Plus they pretty much raided the indies there. But they look like they struggle to fill out 1/4 of an arena for TV tapings.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

I honestly don't understand why they didn't just put out an hour special showing the highlights of the combine.  I'd watch that, I don't have 6 hours to watch other people work out...If I had that kind of time I'd probably work out myself.

3 hours and 30 minutes in might be a good spot to jump into - it is when they start doing the lifting events for the women and they really start to play up the competition between Bianca Bel Air and Reina Gonzalez

Also I would say the stars of this are Xia Li, ACH and then Teagan Nox and Tino Sabbatelli (who both do commentary).

There's been some name changes....Bugenhagen is now Rik Bugez.

bugez.png

That pic is from Jujimufu's channel a couple of years ago, so it's not really a new thing. I preferred Bugenhagen though - I think he's got a shit ton of natural charisma, and obviously he's freakishly strong. Lol he'll probably be Chad Gable's 39th tag-team partner.

Here is the full list of name changes

Trevor Lee = Cameron Grimes

Jessie Elaban = Jessi Kamea

Eric Bugenhagen = Rik Bugez

Adrian Jaoude = Arturo Ruas

Luke Menzies = Ridge Holland

Clearly Trevor is playing up on his hometown roots with Cameron. I wonder where the Grimes part comes from

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the full list of name changes

Trevor Lee = Cameron Grimes

Jessie Elaban = Jessi Kamea

Eric Bugenhagen = Rik Bugez

Adrian Jaoude = Arturo Ruas

Luke Menzies = Ridge Holland

Clearly Trevor is playing up on his hometown roots with Cameron. I wonder where the Grimes part comes from

Rick Grimes?