DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

On 6/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, DouglasC said:

Meanwhile, things are perfectly normal in Mets-land.

And since it hasn't been said yet, Callaway and Vargas both got fined $10,000 by the team and both apologized to reporters yesterday.  Though Callaway did go the... odd.. route of mentioning how Billy Martin punched a reporter. 

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

*checks who our starter is*

28 it is. Congrats, Yanks. 

Funnily - they lead off the game with the homer

So, a team that barely recognizes their own history wants to finally do the right thing and show a little love. And to do so, they are going to wear the Expos road unis at a HOME GAME?

What a bunch of dicks. Fuck the Nats. Let them continue to celebrate a team they have no connection to, like they try to do with both iterations of the Senators. Or the Homestead Grays, which I think is very nice of them and I have zero issue with. But the way they try to have access to the Montreal years while simultaneously disregarding them irks the fuck out of me.

It's their attempt to have a history because that franchise is dogshit and hasn't been able to make their own yet.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

This came up around the stands at the Thunder game I was at last night.  The nets at a minor league park dropped around the bases at were way to easy to his a screecher over.  

The game is tilted toward pull power hitters, the nets need to go up farther, hell, do like Japan and go pole to pole.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raziel said:

This came up around the stands at the Thunder game I was at last night.  The nets at a minor league park dropped around the bases at were way to easy to his a screecher over.  

The game is tilted toward pull power hitters, the nets need to go up farther, hell, do like Japan and go pole to pole.  

At least three teams have said they'll do pole to pole, with Washington saying theirs will be done during the All-Star break. No word on height. 

Long past due. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 2

On a Cubs related note, when the Yankees were recently in Chicago playing the White Sox, David Cone talked about what a great city Chicago is and the first time he played in Wrigley Field as a Met. Cone said he later found out about Harry Carey's great line, "Cone spelled backwards is Enoc.".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 6/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, grilledcheese said:

So, a team that barely recognizes their own history wants to finally do the right thing and show a little love. And to do so, they are going to wear the Expos road unis at a HOME GAME?

What a bunch of dicks. Fuck the Nats. Let them continue to celebrate a team they have no connection to, like they try to do with both iterations of the Senators. Or the Homestead Grays, which I think is very nice of them and I have zero issue with. But the way they try to have access to the Montreal years while simultaneously disregarding them irks the fuck out of me.

It's their attempt to have a history because that franchise is dogshit and hasn't been able to make their own yet.

In their defense, they made history by wisely not giving Bryce Harper $330 million. Max Scherzer will be the first player to go into the HoF as a Nat.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Watching the Yankees/Red Sox playing England, both wearing their home uniforms is really cool. There's four ML ballparks smaller than London Stadium (Wrigley, Fenway, Philly, Cincy) and there's more foul territory than any ML park. The downside? It's on Fox, so we got Joe Buck and "Still Bitter" John Smoltz.

...and Rick Porcello didn't make it out of the first inning

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I said when the dimensions where announced that the score was going to be absurd

Tomorrow's game is going to be fucking ugly. Chad Green was supposed to be the opener and Eduardo Rodriguez pitching for Boston.

I guess the Yankees can open with Nestor Cortes, Jr. tomorrow. I'm worried about Luis Cessa getting into these games. That will be UGLY.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie