DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, as an addendum to this Ben Zobrist may be done. Damn. Divorce is a motherfucker.

But Zobrist being done likely freed up the money for Kimbrel.

Zobrist was one of my go-to guys in fantasy until last year, had 2B/SS/OF eligibility.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Zobrist was one of my go-to guys in fantasy until last year, had 2B/SS/OF eligibility.

He was definitely solid and was carrying the team at times. This is a sad way to end your career, probably heartbroken and too crushed to play everyday.

• Like 2

It might be the end of the line for Tulo

The Yankees announced that veteran infielder Troy Tulowitzki has left the team’s spring facility, MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch reports. He’ll take some time at home to “get over that (injury) hump and kind of push through the finish line of getting exactly right,” manager Aaron Boone explains.

Didi is back shortly so I can't imagine Tulo ever suits up for the Yanks again.

The question really becomes is he gonna call it quits

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It might be the end of the line for Tulo

Didi is back shortly so I can't imagine Tulo ever suits up for the Yanks again.

The question really becomes is he gonna call it quits

I think this is it for him. Thairo Estrada likely gets sent back to Scranton when Didi is activated. With Didi; Torres; LeMahieu; and Urshela, I don't see where Tulo fits on the team. Oh well, at least it only cost the Yankees the league minimum.

What sort of low-life would shoot David Ortiz? He's like the nicest guy in the world.

Get well soon, Big Papi!

• Like 1

Simon Maloy, a politics/media writer for MMFA and Rolling Stone died this weekend of colon cancer, he was only 39.   The reason I bring him up here is that his final tweet is amazing:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, cubbymark said:

MadBum got pissed Max Muncy admired his home run into McCovey Cove. This is how Muncy responded.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/video/1534737987730

He BARELY admired it. And jogged at a good pace, too. MadBum was salty because the home plate umpire wasn't giving him a 21" wide home plate. He literally was arguing after like two pitches. 

Muncy's response is great. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, gatling said:

That shirt went up like 10 minutes after the game ended. T shirt designers are fast as fuck.

I hope it's decent quality, I ordered it as soon as I saw it.

Angels DH/SP Shohei Otani became the first Japanese born player to hit for the cycle in the Angels 5-3 win against the Rays.

I know he didn't have the power like Ohtani, but I'm kind of surprised Ichiro never hit for the cycle.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Angels DH/SP Shohei Otani became the first Japanese born player to hit for the cycle in the Angels 5-3 win against the Rays.

I know he didn't have the power like Ohtani, but I'm kind of surprised Ichiro never hit for the cycle.

It's not all that surprising.  A game with Ichiro driving the ball 3 times in one game to get the double, triple, and homer?  Yeah, right.  We're talking a guy that had eight full seasons with 22 or fewer doubles.

Edited by Tabe

I was really bored this morning and found one game where Hideki Matsui was a triple short of the cycle

Granted he only had 12 career triples so him missing one that game wasn't a shock

• Thanks 1