DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Tell me about it. We're going to a graduation party for Cindy's cousin tomorrow and I'm burning way too much bandwidth trying to explain my relationship to her... one of those "once removed" deals or some such?

Once removed is what I was grown up being told were second cousins. As in my parents first cousins or children of first cousins. It's actually first cousins, once removed. Second cousin is the next level and so on.

So my friends/kids I grew up with thinking were third cousins are actually second cousins. It's really stupid and overly complex. So, if you're on Ancestry and someone shows up as like a 4th cousin in your DNA thing. They're REALLY distantly related.

Brad Pitt and Barack Obama are 9th cousins. The Queen and Prince Phillip are more closely related. So were Charles and Di.

This is highly confusing. I think my mother's 1st cousin would be my 1st cousin once removed and her children would be my second cousins? I think that's right. My mother's mother's sister's grand-children.

I wish I could find the match that Liger as Ebessan match is from, but it might be on NJPW World.

6/13/2003 The Crush(Not Ultimate, the one in the Dome with shoots.)

2    Jushin Thunder Liger and Koji Kanemoto defeated Takashi Sugiura and Jushin Thunder Ebesga (11:15 minutes)

Edit: It's not on NJPW World. They have barely a thing from that year.

Edited by Ryan

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mike Awesome was AWESOME

Related image

Unless he struggled. Usually they were hit well enough, but I'm pretty sure either him or Tanaka over shot the table a bit a few times.

tumblr_n9h5n4LIwq1sdqajoo1_400.gif

Bad angle to spin for Rhino, no one's fault.

tumblr_pdwvjzIIHK1s0zdtdo7_250.gif

Spike came close, but he's so tiny he was able to hold his head up I believe and not hit the floor with it. Hard to tell with the hair. 

2s09NGp.gif
Gah.

giphy.gif

So close.

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Could they have looked more miserable to be there?

Especially Eddie. I'll never forget the spot when Benoit clotheslined Eddie, who completely no-sells it, then a few seconds later he takes the back bump to the mat.

It was such a WTF moment.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I forgot this match even happened. From suzuki's 20th anniversary/40th birthday show in 2008. I'm seeing quintuple! Twenty Ligers!

Tag Team Match
Jushin Thunder Liger & Takaku Fuke defeat Kikutaro & Mecha Mummy (10:37)

001.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Brad Pitt and Barack Obama are 9th cousins. The Queen and Prince Phillip are more closely related. So were Charles and Di.

Arwen and Aragorn from Lord of the Rings were first cousins (like eighty times removed).

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Charts!
family.png?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&r

Never met him, but years ago I found out I was related to Floyd Mayweather. I think we share the same great grandmother or something. This is kind of helpful in finally figuring that shit out.

Edited by Eivion