DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

tumblr_oj9uzuDzsg1vp65vyo1_400.gif

I’ve been going through these matches. Match one is still incredible. That reaction by the Tokyo Dome crowd is unbelievable in how stunned they sound after seeing a match like that. Usually Dome crowds come away from shows extremely mild, but this was the most satisfied they’ve ever sounded to me.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ve been going through these matches. Match one is still incredible. That reaction by the Tokyo Dome crowd is unbelievable in how stunned they sound after seeing a match like that. Usually Dome crowds come away from shows extremely mild, but this was the satisfied they’ve ever sounded to me.

I watched Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11 two weeks ago while working out. I still liked it as much as I did when it happened. There's a danger in revisiting things and finding the opposite of that.

I have them in this order:

1. Dominion 2018. *****

2. Wrestle Kingdom 11. *****

3. G1 Climax 2017. *****

4. Dominion 2017. ****1/2.

I don't think I've come across anyone who has Dominion 2017 in last place.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Hector Sr could do it all. Great flier, great asskicker, great at heel selling. RIP. Hector Jr looks to be cut from the same cloth, too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Hector Sr could do it all. Great flier, great asskicker, great at heel selling. RIP. Hector Jr looks to be cut from the same cloth, too.

Point of order: Garza Jr isn't actually Hector's son. I believe he's a nephew.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I don't think I've come across anyone who has Dominion 2017 in last place.

I haven't watched Dominion 2018 yet, but out of the other three, Dominion 2017 is my least favorite. It just seemed like the last fifteen minutes was filled with aimless spots that served no purpose other than to kill time until the end.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Point of order: Garza Jr isn't actually Hector's son. I believe he's a nephew.

Sort of. Hector's brother's son is actually Humberto Carrillo. 

Garza Jr.'s grandparent's brother's son is Hector. So I guess that's kind of an uncle? I dunno. Angel and Humberto are second cousins. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sort of. Hector's brother's son is actually Humberto Carrillo. 

Garza Jr.'s grandparent's brother's son is Hector. So I guess that's kind of an uncle? I dunno. I've taken to identifying Angel and Humberto as cousins. 

I suck at family trees. 

Tell me about it. We're going to a graduation party for Cindy's cousin tomorrow and I'm burning way too much bandwidth trying to explain my relationship to her... one of those "once removed" deals or some such?

Cousin-in-Law isn't a thing. Wife's Cousin will be. Although obviously because Uncle- and Auntie-dom are extra-genetic and you can be an Uncle to a friend's kid as well as a sibling's, and are communicable by marriage (you are Uncle to both your sibling's children, and your partner's sibling's children), you can just say Uncle.

nb: Removed refers to generations. Your cousin's kids are your cousin's once removed. Your cousin's Grandkids are your cousins twice removed.