DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

You know that WWE movie Wade/Stu made (he plays the heel)? He hits The Wasteland in his big final battle scene. The hero no-sells it and Wade dies seconds later.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That jump to the floor and palm strike was part of Christian's regular move set, so I wouldn't read into it.

Every time someone talks about what a great worker Christian was, I think about how stupid that move is. 

17 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Every time someone talks about what a great worker Christian was, I think about how stupid that move is. 

Wasn't any dumber than Ray Traylor sliding out of the ring to punch someone.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:36 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thanks for reminding me what a shit finisher the Wasteland was.

Yeah, I never liked it either. Wade's Winds of Change *chortle*, Abyss' Black Hole Slam was better and he used it as a signature move.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think the one man Conchairto to his head was worse for his career, than an easy low-risk spot for an easy pop.

Again: not low risk. Which is the entire reason it's a dumb move. And it's arguable that anyone really cared enough about that move to pop for it. 

• Like 1

Not only that, if you're hanging someone over the ropes like that, why not do the Sabu legdrop or a Savage Double Axe Handle on the way down? Momentum is supposed to add impact, but it's a bit of a stretch to wrestling logic to say landing on the floor adds impact to a slap. Unless you're like Springheel Jack or something.