DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Bix taking aim at Taker's less-than-ideal taste in motorcycle-enthusiast apparel. 

That's a little disappointing finding out he's a piece of shit as well, although not entirely surprising. What timing for this to come out, right after his match with Goldberg. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's a little disappointing finding out he's a piece of shit as well, although not entirely surprising. What timing for this to come out, right after his match with Goldberg. 

The Bone Street Krew was multi-racial so I think this is more a case of somebody doing something pretty fucking dumb is all. Now if he was hanging out with the Harris brothers or something, we might have something to worry about. 

EDIT: Note, I'm not apologizing for him wearing that shit. He should have known better. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Bikers used nazi iconography a lot. My father was in one in the 60s and 70s and his cut had some nazi style stuff. It was part of the overall rebellion and and outlaw theme of it. If Bix were to do a couple of minutes of effort, he'd know that too.

• Like 4

Bix wants clicks, man. He doesn't want to do research, he wants to be outraged and furious. God forbid when he finds out Triple H's cross logo is an actual WW2 German medal design.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Bone Street Krew was multi-racial so I think this is more a case of somebody doing something pretty fucking dumb is all. Now if he was hanging out with the Harris brothers or something, we might have something to worry about. 

EDIT: Note, I'm not apologizing for him wearing that shit. He should have known better. 

He probably was. Their cousin, Brian Lee, was best man at Taker's first wedding.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Bikers used nazi iconography a lot. My father was in one in the 60s and 70s and his cut had some nazi style stuff. It was part of the overall rebellion and and outlaw theme of it. If Bix were to do a couple of minutes of effort, he'd know that too.

Using nazi iconography because it represents rebellion or some kind of outlaw theme to bikers is a really poor excuse in my opinion. If I wear an SS pin because I have some idea of it representing outlaw culture, I'm a piece of shit. These symbols may mean something different to bikers, but that doesn't change the meaning and history behind them, and how many people suffered and died at the hands of nazi's wearing those symbols. 

That's all I'm saying on it. I had to get that off my chest. I don't harbor any ill feelings toward @Curt McGirt and @Ace.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I agree with you but you'll have to come up with something individually, personally bad about Brian Lee for me to write him off. Aside from him being a bad wrestler, that is. Family is family and fuck knows most of us have people in ours we don't deserve to be tarred by the same brush with.

• Like 2

A quick google search shows the shirt was for a motorcycle dealership that was near San Diego. My best guess is Taker probably had a bunch of free shirts he'd gotten from bike shops over the years and just threw on something clean without bothering to think about the implications of what the designs might represent.

• Like 1

Banning so called ''Nazi iconography'' and symbols (ancient symbols that were almost entirely adopted by the NS, the SS symbol having origins in norse culture) is a slippery slope, one minute we're condemning outlaw bikers for appropriation, the next we're burning Hugo Boss garments and blowing up Volkswagens. 

Once we have established that whatever the Nazis said, did or created is taboo, then anything goes. It all has to go. That includes anything German. Using this precedent the German language is a symbol of Nazism and will have to be eliminated, and that goes for the German people too, after all their bloodline directly feeds into Nazi ideology through ancestry.

Look, I'm not condoning Nazism, but ancient symbols have a long history of appropriation and manipulation for various causes.

The swastika doesn't belong to Nazism. The swastika is an ancient religious icon.

We must take back these ancient symbols and reinstate them among the public consciousness as symbols of peace and divinity, because ultimately, that's what they are.

If Taker wore the hammer and sickle (the same iconography that represented the murderous Russian revolution, the purge that genocided millions of Ukrainians and Russians two decades before Nazis ran roughshod over Poland (in coalition with those same Russian Bolsheviks) the average joe on the street wouldn't care, because people have been conditioned to believe the hammer and sickle is a symbol of unity among the proletariat, despite ignoring the millions of people that perished under it's ideology. 

Slippery slope indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

We must take back these ancient symbols and reinstate them among the public consciousness as symbols of peace and divinity, because ultimately, that's what they are.

They're gone, dude. Let 'em go.

Edit: As soon as I posted this I realized it was dismissive and for that I apologize. It just gets my sander up because that symbol, as much as it meant before WW2, now represents the deaths and suffering of millions of people across generations including members of my own family. Unfortunately, for the majority of people in America, where these bikers and punks who like to think they’re cool for being rebels reside, the real meaning has been eclipsed and it’s never going back. @Rick, I hope you can understand that. Peace.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 4

Just now, Godfrey said:

They're gone, dude. Let 'em go.

Tell that to Buddhists and various Asian cultures who continue to use them to this day. 

I figure in the west they will always be outlawed, that being said there has been a rise of tattooists that have exhibitions dedicated to taking them back. 

Anyway, getting back to the purpose of the thread.

BC3D7AD2-6AFA-49CE-8558-CF26437F16C7.thu

• Haha 1

@CreativeControl I once thought the idea of nihilism - that life is ultimately meaningless and that my opinion is just wasted energy and didn't really matter was solid science, but all it did was lead me to a life of unhappiness and degeneracy. 

I agree with the notion that if you do not have enough knowledge about a topic you should a) learn more about it and b) shut the fuck up and listen, but that isn't the case here. I will exercise my right to have an opinion, as long as I am justified in doing so. 

Edited by Rick
  • Like 2