DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The problem with it is when they go too far! Like let’s go back to your Lincoln example. The dude became President for crying out loud. Wasn’t that enough attention? No, dude worked angle with a Confederate spy to get deep color because “The guy in the back needs to see that shit”. Fucking Booth had never worked with blades before, so he went with the next best thing he knew. That angle killed the territories for a while. Regardless of the outcome, Lincoln was a hardcore SOB. So props to the “Kentucky Mad Man”.

Legit LOL.  Tremendous

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Wrestling is still doing fine. 

Oh my goodness nooooo. Ryan didn't start it, but he has went the lowest. Look if you like that waste of a cum load, please be my guest, you are not going to change my mind. I would rather wrestling go the way of roller derby, than be what people like Joey Ryan and the "comedy" acts want it to be. So please, you, Craig, Casey and any other cretins you can muster, come at me.

Also I love how you can praise a hundred things but if you call out one shitty thing, you are hurting wrestling. 

28 minutes ago, Victator said:

Oh my goodness nooooo. Ryan didn't start it, but he has went the lowest.

LOL are you serious?  Did you just start watching wrestling last week?

• We have garbage matches with panes of glass, scissors, "AIDS needles," fire, and all matter of gross shit that is so tasteless and legit harmful to performers
  • We had Tony Anthony and Dirty White Girl use domestic violence as part of an angle
  • We had Randy Orton claim Eddy Guerrero was burning in hell
  • We had Saba Simba, Slick, The Gangstas, the original incarnations of Doom and Harlem Heat, and countless other racist horseshit angles
  • We have, as @Craig H said, wrestlers working bloodbaths with life-threatening blood-borne diseases  and not telling anyone about their condition

And on and on.  You can't swing a dead cat without finding something 1000x worse

But somehow Joey Ryan having wrestling's strongest cock is somehow the lowest anyone in wrestling has ever gone. 

You have some weird axe to grind against this gimmick that makes you ignore reality.  I'm done.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Will some mod please put these two out of their misery? Or at least encourage them to take it to DMs? FFS

Not a mod, but you can always put yourself out of your own misery with the ignore function. How do you think most of us manage to post something that Rippa has posted just three posts before us? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Joey Ryan didn't start the "indies trying to get eyeballs" thing.  There have been indy shows doing dumb shit for attention since long before Abe Lincoln tapped out that dude by the campfire.  Wrestling is still doing fine.  There's no long term damage outside of the damage guys like Cornette do by telling anyone who listens that modern wrestling isn't worth their time, killing off scores of would-be paying customers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Not a mod, but you can always put yourself out of your own misery with the ignore function. How do you think most of us manage to post something that Rippa has posted just three posts before us? ?

There's an idea for the mods. When a thread gets locked, I think the Budd Dwyer gif would be a good way of putting it down.

That's why I say hey man, nice shot.
What a good shot man.

• Haha 3

I think the other issue is that meta comments like CC's or Niner's or whoever else's don't help. They just wind up derailing the conversation even more to where we're talking about what was talked about instead of just talking about wrestling.

Pro tip - there's a report function for a reason. If you have a problem with how the discussion is going, using the report function because adding a meta comment winds up making the whole thing you vs them, which just makes things worse.

I'll also add that it doesn't help when one person makes ad hominem attacks against the other person. Calling people stupid or cretins or whatever the fuck isn't going to make anything better and the person saying those things knows it.

• Thanks 1