DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Duuuuuude, your're basically proving one of Morelock's secondary points that some fans will go batshit anytime someone says something ill of the Holy Elites.

Who in this thread is going "batshit insane?"

Some of y'all contrarians do too much sometimes. 

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tagging, @Tabe as he's a big fan of the Assassin's Creed games.

Thanks for the tag. Need to see a better pic but Assassin's Creed stuff is always good ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I love a couple episodes back as it relates to Lio Rush, super far left liberal Jim Cornette got mad because he thought Lio was playing the race card. Oh Jimmy, fortunately, you don't work for a organization that actually matters. Maybe because I'm a straight African-American male but not gay like Sonny Kiss, I found that to be more offensive. He sounded high and mighty on that one and racist to boot. With the battle royale, I knew he was going to go off on that entire thing. That was like half of the review.

You are aware Mark Henry essentially said the same thing about Lio right?

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

You are aware Mark Henry essentially said the same thing about Lio right?

Yes, because one black person disagreeing makes what another black person thinks null and void.

Jesus Christ, I get why there's a no politics, no social stuff rule here. Bless you all on this board, but we clearly aren't capable of talking about this stuff.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Yes, because one black person disagreeing makes what another black person thinks null and void.

Jesus Christ, I get why there's a no politics, no social stuff rule here. Bless you all on this board, but we clearly aren't capable of talking about this stuff.  

Here is at least one thing white people need to understand: You can't hide your racism behind one black person. We've caught onto to that by now.

I'm glad someone got that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

People are accusing Corny of being a racist for accusing a guy of using the race card when Mark Henry made the same exact point. The fact that Mark Henry said that seems to suggest that labeling someone else who says it as automatically racist is wrong. And honestly if you want to make a case that he's a racist just pull up the footage of The Gangstas in SMW and how they were booked.

Edited by sabremike

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

People are accusing Corny of being a racist for accusing a guy of using the race card when Mark Henry made the same exact point. The fact that Mark Henry said that seems to suggest that labeling someone else who says it as automatically racist is wrong

No, it doesn't.

You keep making the mistake that one black person saying some dumb tone-deaf racist shit means that it must be somehow valid. Mark Henry acting like "the race card" even fucking exists is dumb as hell, and he should know better. Just because he gives goofy "race card" arguments a pass doesn't mean shit except for exactly that - he gives racist arguments about the mythical "race card" a pass. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

People are accusing Corny of being a racist for accusing a guy of using the race card when Mark Henry made the same exact point. 

First off, Cornette already has a history with the N-word. 

Second, just because Mark Henry says it doesn't make it the gospel truth. In addition, he likes Mark Henry and automatically doesn't like Lio going back to when he got heat over his Twitter antics. Third, he didn't know the story (TBH Last didn't either from what I can tell). So knowing that Cornette is an entitled 60 year old white male with a history of racism and didn't even know what the fuck Brian Last was talking about, he should be last one to say who should and should not and when someone should not use the race card. I like Jim, but he can go fuck himself on that.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

59 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Who in this thread is going "batshit insane?"

People who agree with my point of view are calm, reasonable types just enjoying a cup of tea and some casual chit chat.

People who disagree with me are batshit insane rage monsters who are throwing their toys out of the pram.

Any questions? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

People who agree with my point of view are calm, reasonable types just enjoying a cup of tea and some casual chit chat.

People who disagree with me are batshit insane rage monsters who are throwing their toys out of the pram.

Any questions? 

You forgot "disagree with the group = contrarian" to make sure the opinion is invalid.

This is really important and unrelated, but I was just realizing, I've never once in my life heard someone use the word pram, except in the expression "throwing toys out of the pram" and when I was in The Importance of Being Earnest in college.

The latter is the only reason I know what a pram is. 

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

This is really important and unrelated, but I was just realizing, I've never once in my life heard someone use the word pram, except in the expression "throwing toys out of the pram" and when I was in The Importance of Being Earnest in college.

It's because it's that silly British English, and not proper 'Murican English.

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Goddamn, chill out. 

Or I'm going to give like four random people who have posted over the last 4 pages a break.

COULD BE YOU.

One day people will listen to me when I say this is what happens when Natural starts the threads

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One day people will listen to me when I say this is what happens when Natural starts the threads

It really is just harder and harder to avoid talking about the stuff surrounding the wrestling and to just focus on the wrestling.

I will say that if my posts read harshly, I don't mean it that way. Sorry for any bristling feelings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

You forgot "disagree with the group = contrarian" to make sure the opinion is invalid.

There is certainly a lot of truth in that, but there are times where arguing someone isn't being a contrarian is almost impossible (eg: Bix arguing Viscera was a better worker than AJ Styles, which would be like arguing Vladimir Sobotka is a better hockey player than Sidney Crosby).

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's very old fashioned, that's why. All pushchairs now, innit? Old school prams are a waste of money. Kid outgrows them in four months like.

Just now, AxB said:

It's very old fashioned, that's why. All pushchairs now, innit? Old school prams are a waste of money. Kid outgrows them in four months like.

What the hell is a pushchair? It's that a stroller?

Just now, AxB said:

You get the combo's.  The cart has the car seat, then when they get bigger it turns into a "pram", then into a stroller (what we Yanks call pushchairs.)3 for the price of 2!