DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Y'all can keep talking about Cornette - I am just excited that Peter Rosenberg said on his podcast that he was told by Michael Cole that the WWE is no longer interested in using him on their shows.

So that gives the WWE a pass for at least a day from me.

Oh no, whatever shall I do without “Bring It To The Table”.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Aren’t performers supposed to complete a physical before performing? How the fuck does Shane get past those?

He can breathe and pee in a cup. Next.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

My take on Jim is that the stuff he likes is really fucking great even if the stuff he dislikes is still wrestling that I can enjoy. He makes a lot of very valid points in his criticisms even if you disagree with him. Listening to him call MLW, he sounds pretty enthusiastic about the majority of the programming so yeah, it's not like he's a constant gloom and doom parade.

This is a pretty fair assessment that will likely get ignored, but good on ya for posting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Y'all can keep talking about Cornette - I am just excited that Peter Rosenberg said on his podcast that he was told by Michael Cole that the WWE is no longer interested in using him on their shows.

I liked Rosenberg more than Sam Roberts or the ex-football player.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyLaw said:

I liked Rosenberg more than Sam Roberts or the ex-football player.

It was interesting because while trying not to sound bitter, Rosenberg did sound bitter that they picked Pat Mcafee to do Watch Along. (Rosenberg seems to imply the choice was between him and Mcafee but who knows where the truth lies)

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What the hell happened to Buddy Murphy? Did the “Wild Card Rules” kill Buddy Murphy’s Smackdown debut?

The rules are you can show up at any brand and they've made it clear that catering is going to be a priority. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

It was interesting because while trying not to sound bitter, Rosenberg did sound bitter that they picked Pat Mcafee to do Watch Along. (Rosenberg seems to imply the choice was between him and Mcafee but who knows where the truth lies)

Oddly enough, despite my preference, I do think McAfee is probably better for that type of show.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Come on man.

The guy expressed an opinion about a wrestler that nobody with Cornette's level of knowledge would have.  Saying Kenny Omega is only slightly more talented than Tom McGee is like saying the New England Patriots are not much better than your kid's Pop Warner team.  It's a troll statement, and it's absolutely insincere.

I mean, you essentially seem to be saying "people that are smart about the business know that Kenny Omega is a good wrestler." If you can't accept that some people hate Kenny's wrestling style and aren't trolling or saying it to be contrary, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Good but now get rid of Sam Roberts. ?

• Like 3

You can hate Omega's wrestling but to say he is void of talent is completely ridiculous because the act of performing some of the moves and feats that he does IS a talent.  I can't do it. Nobody here can do it. It is a skill that people cannot just go do.  

• Like 1

I can, I just don't want to.  Seriously though I could be like the biggest athlete in my personal life.  You presume too much with the nobody here can do it comment.  I bet Craig can One Winged Angel a motherfucker if he wanted.

Edited by Tromatagon

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You can hate Omega's wrestling but to say he is void of talent is completely ridiculous because the act of performing some of the moves and feats that he does IS a talent.  I can't do it. Nobody here can do it. It is a skill that people cannot just go do.  

You're telling me no one on this board can do 43 V-Triggers and an OWA?

Edited by Raziel

I also believe getting people to pay to watch you wrestle is a talent and that's something Omega and the Young Bucks have been able to accomplish outside the WWE television world. No cable channels available in 90 million plus homes.  They did it by themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

You're telling me no one on this board can do 43 V-Triggers and an OWA?

Is that all he does? Of course not and I don't know if anyone on this board can do a V-trigger, I've seen Seth Rollins attempt and fail numerous times and he is a pretty well trained athlete. 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is that all he does? Of course not and I don't know if anyone on this board can do a V-trigger, I've seen Seth Rollins attempt and fail numerous times and he is a pretty well trained athlete. 

Duuuuuude, your're basically proving one of Morelock's secondary points that some fans will go batshit anytime someone says something ill of the Holy Elites.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Rosenberg isn't anywhere near as awful as Sam Roberts.

• Like 2

I definitely can't do 43 without blowing up 48 times.

----------

Cornette even kinda snuck in admitting he didn't think Jericho/Omega was bad. Then said he was giving all the credit to Jericho because blah blah what Kenny did in the past.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cornette even kinda snuck in admitting he didn't think Jericho/Omega was bad. Then said he was giving all the credit to Jericho because blah blah what Kenny did in the past.

That's the thing: Jim doesn't really dislike Omega's style per se, he just (I think irrationally) hates some of his DDT stuff and will forever hold it against him. I mean, he liked Davey Richards, and still considers Rollins and Ziggler two of the best workers in WWE. Ragdoll selling and silly facials aren't a consistent problem for him.

Granted, we're all a bit hypocritical. Jim just has a podcast to prove it.

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Duuuuuude, your're basically proving one of Morelock's secondary points that some fans will go batshit anytime someone says something ill of the Holy Elites.

I don't even like the Young Bucks;  I like Omega well enough but that has nothing to do with dumb statements.  Pretending they don't possess talent and skill in a wrestling ring is fucking stupid and people should always be called on that. ?