DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

3 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

There's a whole bunch of micro-agressions going on in the discussion, see if you can find them!

Nah, pal, I'm good; life's too short to go actively searching for things to be irritated about. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

If they had done the Kofi challenges Seth in segment one and then went immediately into the match, not really a bait and switch.

They did the challenge in segment one iirc, and then built the match for 2.5 hours, as a way to try and get people not to turn off the show before the main event. Then they didn't deliver the match. That's a classic bait and switch no matter who interferes.

Now, if it had been UE, people would've forgiven the B&S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If basically anyone in wrestling had said what Cornette said, it would have been brushed off. Because Corny has the nerve to say bad things about Kenny Omega (and Joey Ryan), a certain sect of workers/fandom is being as dramatically salty as they can be about this in an attempt to get him "cancelled" so he won't be able to voice minority opinions about their bad wrestling. It has absolutely nothing to do with sticking up for the community. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Great match with the work by all involved and the finishing stretch. Best WWF Attitude Era match.

I think that is the single hottest large crowd I've ever seen for a match. There's a moment right before the match starts, the crowd is red hot, and Austin just kinda tilts his head and they somehow pop even though they were already screaming. I've never seen anything else quite like that.

Then they tore the damn house down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think that is the single hottest large crowd I've ever seen for a match. There's a moment right before the match starts, the crowd is red hot, and Austin just kinda tilts his head and they somehow pop even though they were already screaming. I've never seen anything else quite like that.

Then they tore the damn house down.

No crowd has ever touched the Calgary Stampede.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've been noticing the shakes are kinda watery what's up with that?   I too remember when you'd have to wait for it to melt a little bit to be drinkable. Also,  Sonic shakes are great. Not as good as regular ice cream joints but good for fast food. 

I will co-sign this. Grab your burger and rings at Blake's LottaBurger and then grab your shake at Sonic's and you're all set.

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Because Corny has the nerve to say bad things about Kenny Omega (and Joey Ryan), a certain sect of workers/fandom is being as dramatically salty as they can be about this in an attempt to get him "cancelled" so he won't be able to voice minority opinions about their bad wrestling. 

What is there to get him cancelled from? He's already on the fringes ranting into the void. There's nothing of value to take from him. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What is there to get him cancelled from? He's already on the fringes ranting into the void. There's nothing of value to take from him. 

I mean, your definition of value might vary, but theoretically sponsors could pull out of his podcast and make him pull the plug on it, removing the only venue he has to make these kinds of remarks. 

ETA: And if he's "ranting into the void," why does every wrestling website (including this very board) get so stirred up every time he opens his mouth? He clearly has a lot more influence than many here would like to believe. 

Edited by MORELOCK

8 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I mean, your definition of value might vary, but theoretically sponsors could pull out of his podcast and make him pull the plug on it, removing the only venue he has to make these kinds of remarks. 

Apologies. I was being flip. I understand how it would work practically. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

ETA: And if he's "ranting into the void," why does every wrestling website (including this very board) get so stirred up every time he opens his mouth? He clearly has a lot more influence than many here would like to believe. 

I could be wrong but I don't think his podcasts actually have sponsors (aside from that lawyer that sponsors the Drive Thru). He seems to use the podcast as a means to push his merch.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

This was edited it after I saw the post originally, so I'll give you my flip response: This is the void. 

Corny hasn't stirred me in years, so I'm likely missing the influence. But the cranky old man not liking the new generation's music doesn't really seem like an act that does a lot of influencing. That's still his routine, right? 

• Like 1