DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

• jaedmc pinned this topic

For all the comparisons between 1999 WCW and current WWE, is announcing Brock's cash in for Monday the new 'having the first ever Goldberg vs Hogan match on free TV'? Is Vince just pissed off that all week the talk of the biz was AEW, and then Moxley on TiJ, and this is his frantic attempt to grab attention? Or was it always the plan?

18 minutes ago, AxB said:

For all the comparisons between 1999 WCW and current WWE, is announcing Brock's cash in for Monday the new 'having the first ever Goldberg vs Hogan match on free TV'? Is Vince just pissed off that all week the talk of the biz was AEW, and then Moxley on TiJ, and this is his frantic attempt to grab attention? Or was it always the plan?

The plan initially was announcing that Brock was going to be punished for his disrespect towards the sanctity of the Money In The Bank briefcase, I guess to explain why he’d show back up. But somebody must have realized that’s a fucking stupid way to get fans to watch Brock cash in. It also makes your top heel look like a babyface. So now they are telling people straight up what the plan is for Monday because they now care real bad for people to watch.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Making a desperate plea for attention by promising something big, then doing a bait and switch on the night, that's a good way to kill a town. And when the town in question is your flagship TV show, you really don't want to kill it.

Edited by AxB
Bait, not Bate
  • Like 3

Being fair about the Rollins/Kingston thing...come on. No one actually believed that there'd be a definitive finish for that match, did they? That match reeked of "there's no way that isn't going to be a run in on them to a tag match" from the announcement.

It was only people were waiting for the finish and whined because it was The Bar and not Undisputed Era like their fantasy booking would have.

As far as Lesnar cashing in being Hogan/Goldberg: I don't believe it's that either, on the grounds that Goldberg never faced Hogan prior to that Nitro match.  Goldberg/Hogan absolutely could have been a huge PPV main event that they pissed away for a one-week ratings win.

By contrast, Brock Lesnar has been back in WWE for seven years, wrestling exclusively on PPV, and there has been a slow but steady string of diminishing returns on PPV for those Brock Lesnar matches. It's not only the right time to bring "we're putting a Lesnar match on TV!" out as a big bullet in the chamber...but honestly, it's the exact opposite of Goldberg/Hogan because it's been long overdue for WWE to play the "Lesnar's wrestling on TV!" card. (Witness Rousey for example- she was as big a MMA get as Lesnar, and she was wrestling on TV within three months, long before the bloom was off the rose.) 

• Like 1

Lesnar will say he's cashing in only to be jumped by Rollins who he will beat up for ten minutes, but a match will never happen.

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Finn's enjoying the UEFA's Champions League final.

Not after like the first two minutes of the actual game if he's a Spurs fan. 

• Sad 1

The reports say this is Lesnar's last WWE appearance until SS, so I figured the first storyline would have been he's suspended until then. Now I'm thinking this is some sort of no contest that results in a suspension. Either way I'm with @West Newbury Bad Boy from the beginning on this. No chance of a actual match. 

I was about to say he (Brock) is still being advertised for the Saudi show

So it would be a total Vince move to put the Universal title on Brock and have it vanish again for the summer

37 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Finn's enjoying the UEFA's Champions League final.

Uhhhhhhhhhh... That kiss at the end. I hope they are dating, or that was planned. Or maybe he wants to get fired.

Edit: scratch that, they are dating. Still, way to make a drunk arse out yourself.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Making a desperate plea for attention by promising something big, then doing a bate and switch on the night, that's a good way to kill a town. And when the town in question is your flagship TV show, you really don't want to kill it.

The Fingerpoke of Doom worked out real well for WCW.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was about to say he (Brock) is still being advertised for the Saudi show

So it would be a total Vince move to put the Universal title on Brock and have it vanish again for the summer

My guess is that Brock beats Kofi and disappears for the summer since Smackdown is a lame duck show until the fall anyway and it's been no secret FOX wants Brock on their show.  Plus Kofi's Ghana trip as champ is over.  I feel like the end of his reign is coming.

• Like 1

I just want to say, Joey Ryan falsely accusing Cornette of homophobia is ridiculous. I can't stand Joey Ryan and his stupid dick flip. Trying to get Cornette fired over something he didn't say furthers my hatred for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not liking Joey’s Dick Flip doesn’t make you homophonic if you dislike cuz you think it’s dumb and exposes the business like Cornett does.

i was originally gonna post that more than Brock cashing in on Monday I hope they make good on Matt Riddle saying on Twitter he’ll confront Brock on Raw if he does decide to cash in.