DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV (05/29/19) - SPOILER FREE

RIPPA

Advertised for tonight via WWE.com

• Lorcan/Burch vs. Forgotten Sons
  • KUSHIDA vs. Drew Gulak
  • Bianca Belair vs. Mia Yim
  • Something with Shanya Baszler and Io Shirai

Yim/Belair was good. Loved Yim using Bianca's hair against her for the finish.

The Dream/Breeze vid was good stuff

Kushida/Gulak was so good and pretty different from the norm being purely mat and hold focused.

The stuff with Shayna and Io was nice enough.

1/2 vs. FS ended up being an angle with UE standing tall. The segment was fun so I have no complaints.

A good show for the matches and build towards Takeover.

Solid match with Yim vs Belair. They were given some decent time and made good use of it. Bianca's build to title contender was great, but I've always felt she works best on the outskirts and here was a great example. Mia has been struggling to get momentum and I feel like this win was the step she needed to be looked at the way most familiar with her would.

I think now that we have Bianca in that upper-mid card spot it would be a great time to bring Deonna Purrazo back into the mix and give them something to work with while Yim sorts things out with Shayna and Io.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, nofuture said:

There's also a 30 min "pure sports build" show before NXT called Target: NXT Takeover with footage of Gargano, Cole, Bazler and Shirai training for their matches.  They did a similar video for the last Takeover.

Maybe it's because we so rarely see this kind of thing that it stands out more, but I absolutely love when they show these kind of things. The Gargano/Cole package with the last Takeover was one of my favorite hype videos in recent years. Brock vs Rock for Summerslam is still the gold standard for this type of deal, but I really wish we could see this more often. Maybe for the big title matches?

9 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Dream is soooooo good.  and we're all going to cry when Vince gets his hands on him.

I think this has started to lessen my enjoyment of NXT, because rather than thinking of how cool it will be to see people on the main roster, I see the handful of things that are going to get annoying overdone. Dream in particular is someone I think won’t be helped by being on tv every week.

12 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think this has started to lessen my enjoyment of NXT, because rather than thinking of how cool it will be to see people on the main roster, I see the handful of things that are going to get annoying overdone. Dream in particular is someone I think won’t be helped by being on tv every week.

You gotta appreciate what's good in front of you.

Like, I'm still super pissed that Bo got the worst end of the deal but it's not gonna take away from the fantastic stuff he was able to accomplish when he was in NXT (yes, even when he was the drizzling shit in the beginning).

• 2 weeks later...