DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

On 8/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Just in case you too thought it a bit odd to name your daughter after a color, Teal is also a name for a small duck. So... well, he and her mother didn't name her after a color, I guess.

Dusty had a daughter named Teal as well, between Dustin and Cody.

It's her middle name. Ariel Teal Toomes.

Wouldn't it be great if they paid off the Blood & Guts thing be insisting on describing toughness and fearlessness as 'Guts' rather than the pseudo-intellectual sounding 'Intenstinal Fortitude'.

• Like 1

He is not wrong. 

40% of the roster has been revealed?! That is certainly intriguing. Seems if true they'll have some bloat going on but I am more than okay with most acts being rotated through on TV to keep people fresh and hungry. 

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

He is not wrong. 

40% of the roster has been revealed?! That is certainly intriguing. Seems if true they'll have some bloat going on but I am more than okay with most acts being rotated through on TV to keep people fresh and hungry. 

I feel that with some guys having deals to work elsewhere (AAA, PWG, etc.), guys will rotate in and out. That's cool, though, as it's more like how the territories used to be, and it kept stuff fresh.

• Like 1

By early next year, they'll have three monsters in Brodie Lee, Brody King, and PCO.

Prior to Godzilla vs. Kong's release March 13, 2020, AEW should bring in Kongo Kong for a program with Luchasaurus. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Remember - one of the early things AEW claimed was that guys would have more time off (I think it worked out to like 2 or 3 months a year) - so yeah, they definitely would need more folks "on the roster" to keep that going

ITV has announced that All Out will be on ITV Box Office. Haven't said anything about Wednesday nights starting in October yet, though.

Are there any Japanese performers that might become available between now and their tnt debut?  I would assume Scaelett Boudreaux is pretty much locked.  Who from AAA outside of the Bros and Laredo do you expect to see?  I also suspect a possible company invasion like the nwa with Aldis or MLW or dare I say NJPW (unlikely).  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

47 minutes ago, AxB said:

Too soon for the invasion angle. Establish who the home team is before having an away team show up.

I think you’re right, but I get nagging suspicions about tension being worked up with NJPW and that recent Aldis/nwa interview.  So too MLW not letting guys work aew - It’s a one show a month promotion.  All that said, I’m likely off on this.  A Cornette led nwa might be neat.

Down the line, absolutely. Never mind the NWA, a Cornette led Smoky Mountain invasion would be great. Rock n Roll Express, Tracy Smothers... D' Lo Brown? Yeah, probably not enough people left still in the biz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Remember - one of the early things AEW claimed was that guys would have more time off (I think it worked out to like 2 or 3 months a year) - so yeah, they definitely would need more folks "on the roster" to keep that going

I keep waiting for one of the American groups to try a staggered Japanese work schedule... say three weeks on the road, then one week off for example. Even if you want to fly people in for TV once a week, keep them off the tour and let them relax/heal up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

No invasions.  No "second coming of WCW."  Just let it be a good wrestling promotion. 

Well it’s all unlikely, but Okada, Ibushi, Sabre, Ishii Ospreay, etc etc looking all fly in there king of sports tees and shades and showing up on my tv laying waste to everybody on the road to a ppv seems like a great idea in my Monday daydream.  So does a Cornette led heel stable.  But of course away from this idealized vision it could be awful. Just having fun, writing aloud on a msg board.  

Edit: I am ridiculously stoked for Cassidy to prove what I am only guessing he has to offer.  If he’s too comedy based I am doubtful, but if he adapts I am seeing a big money player.  And I know some of you will completely disagree.  

And loved that video.

Edited by HarryArchieGus