DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It sounds like Ticketmaster got flooded with bots. How is this still a problem in 2019? I hate to say it, but there almost needs to be some kind of 2-factor authentication to purchase any tickets that are this in demand.

So you are saying that picking the order of pictures isn't the best form of security ?

This is all going to be soooo funny when Meltzer tries selling tickets to this on his site

Edited by hammerva

2 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I can’t get the individual seat map on my phone but it looks like there’s tickets still available in almost every section. 

Except it's back to another fan getting it an having to go back to the list.

PWI says (I think just by counting available seats) that the show has sold over 10,000 tickets so far (despite the Ticketmaster issues)

I can't imagine it won't eventually sell out

I don't know if I like the tunnels or not. On the one hand, it reminds me too much of TNA, but on the other hand, I like the idea of separate entrances and/or exits for the wrestlers if they have the space for it.

I also don't think I like the futuristic chandelier that they've used for all of their shows. It just looks like something they could quickly get and now they're just using it to justify the cost.

Honestly and ideally, entrances should mimic what UFC does. Or at least they should do that for the big matches. I'd like to see narrow walkways like UFC has and not the giant landing strip that WWE uses. And back to the big matches, there's just something cool about seeing the fighter/wrestler come out of the locker room, flanked by security or an entourage.

Goldberg famously used entrances like this, but WWE used them to and it was really cool when they did it. You'd see someone walking through the backstage area to get to the Gorilla position while that duhduhduhduhduhduhduh thumping sound would play right before the entrance music played.

What I'm hoping for in regards to Jericho's mystery partners: Pac and John Morrison/Hennigan/World whatever the hell you wanna call him

What I think we'll realistically get: LAX (and I'm not complaining about that either)

What I'm terrified we'll get: Enzo and Cass

LAX would be cool, the crowd would react loud to them. A very large portion of that’s crowd has atleast heard Santana and Ortiz. They’d be instant stars (might be hyperbole) teaming with Jericho against The Elite in what will most likely be the main event of the first show.

Lax is my pick.

My dream partners would be the Briscoes but they are not leaving ROH, they just resigned. 

39 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying this is no longer a "theoretical" #2.

Some people around here would rather sell a kidney than admit AEW is the #2 promotion in North America.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Casey said:

Some people around here would rather sell a kidney than admit AEW is the #2 promotion in North America.

Sure. Selling a kidney could theoretically reap some profit. I gain nothing from admitting something everyone already knows.

Is anyone really a big enough Impact/ROH/MLW /PWG fan to argue against AEW being the #2 right now? I sure hope not, at least on this board. 

Maybe not a big fan of any of those promotions specifically - although I still think some of the New Japan fans are super bitter, or fall into the next category - but definitely anti-Omega/Bucks/Cody/The Elite.

Meltzer noted that they expect to add 1000 seats when the production stuff is sorted out.

He also noted that with nearly 1800 tickets on the secondary market - this was the first show scalpers were ready for

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Huh? I don't recall seeing this outside of before they actually even had one show. After that and the tv announcement it seemed generally accepted.

41 minutes ago, Casey said:

Maybe not a big fan of any of those promotions specifically - although I still think some of the New Japan fans are super bitter, or fall into the next category - but definitely anti-Omega/Bucks/Cody/The Elite.

I'm one of the biggest NJPW fans on this board and I will aver that it would be absolute foolishness to call them or anyone other than AEW the #2 fed in America.  I wasn't the least bit sad to see Kenny and the Bucks leave NJPW, just leaves more TV time for the guys that I truly enjoy watching. A little Kenny goes a long ways, ditto for the Bucks. That said, I'll watch their TV show with great interest as I like watching wrestling and can't bring myself to watch VKM's product any longer.

• Like 1