DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh man, Scurll actually works really well if he's one of the mystery partners. They could play it up as the Elite leaving Scurll behind and now he's here for revenge.

That's the direction I think they'll go if PCO & Brody come in when their ROH deals are up. Marty wants revenge for being left in wrestling purgatory. I'm stumped as to who would be the other partner. Another Englishman in Jimmy Fuckin' Havoc?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

7 hours ago, CSC said:

There's no point in not saying it's the Lucha Bros if it's going to be the Lucha Bros.

If you're saying you're gonna have two mystery partners for Chris Jericho on the first TNT show, you better knock it out of the park or people are gonna shit all over that.

While awesome, Lucha Bros against the Young Bucks yet again is not knocking it out of the park. 

Yeah, Jericho is an outsider. He has major beef with two evp’s, and he’s pissed at the whole company. It has to be someone not currently in aew and it can’t be a bloop single to left. 

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

All it would take is Jericho or JR saying, “These two men have a lot of history, but Jericho’s got them on the same page.”

If that's the case, I'd go with Marty and Jimmy Havoc. 

I really want it to be Scurll and Havoc now.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Bringing up Pillman Jr, I think he’s the perfect next man for AEW in that ‘future star’ group of MJF/Allin/Jungle Boy where they have ‘it’ and if nurtured will grow into the upper card role from getting the reps in on weekly TV.

No idea of the specifics of the MLW contract, and there’s personal complications of taking one of Hart Foundation and not others. If MJF in-character on the Jericho podcast is to be believed (big grain of salt) the contract only excluded working with WWE specifically.

• Like 1

Havoc TNT Standards & Practices! More Blood & Guts! Harrington Dress Code! Chad Glenn?

Edited by AxB
  • Like 5

I loved that video. Gimme that, in-ring promos, and matches for TV and I'm set. Super slick, simple shit with long-term implications. I cannot WAIT for Mjeff/Cody. Spears standing up for a fight and questioning "is that it?!" like that's not how wrestling contract signings are supposed to go is a funny, subtle dig that I can get behind. I wonder if they'll have a last minute surprise beyond what Tully asked to be changed in the video.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I loved that video. Gimme that, in-ring promos, and matches for TV and I'm set. Super slick, simple shit with long-term implications. I cannot WAIT for Mjeff/Cody. Spears standing up for a fight and questioning "is that it?!" like that's not how wrestling contract signings are supposed to go is a funny, subtle dig that I can get behind. I wonder if they'll have a last minute surprise beyond what Tully asked to be changed in the video.

Total dickhead, but with a sense of loyalty to the one man who believed in him, is an interesting dynamic in itself. You could get several months of play out of that easily.

But when the betrayal finally comes it will be great. Or does Cody instigate it as a pre-emptive strike realising he is sick a brown noser?

Theres a lot to be optimistic about with the way they are building storylines in these ‘road to’. But they’ve had plenty of breathing space and time to get it just how they want it, which may be a challenge for live week-to-week programming.

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm not really aware of how a one shot a month MLW contract works, but the Harts would be a nice choice - any 2 of 3.  Not sure, even with reports of good behaviour, that you wanna take a chance on Teddy (still wrestles like the purpose is to get his same spots in), but Harry and Pillman Jr could work well behind Lionheart. 

Doesn't Harry despise Omega and the Bucks?  I don't think he'd want to go to AEW, and he's also signed to Impact.

12 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I  wonder who will be in Cody’s corner. Weird thing for it to be mentioned on its own. Maybe an Arn surprise? Magnum TA?! Faaaaantasy booooooking~~~!

1. Arn

2. Baby Doll

3. Magnum

4. Dakota

987,462. Ole

• Like 2

Road tos have been strong - this being the strongest yet.  This one gave me some optimism that they have a good plan in place going forth.  Feels fresh and exciting.  

I like the Scrull idea.  He plus a new charge (a big man) would be swell.

• Like 1

Go away for a weekend and there are 3445 posts in the thread so this might have been mentioned already

Per Meltzer - since TNT is planning on treating AEW like sports, the TV show will air live on the West Coast (so 5 - 7 pm). He didn't say it wasn't 100% yet but that was the way everyone was is leaning.

I don't think they would have MJF and Spears team up again so soon after FFTF. Could be wrong. The MJF promo was so great. This guy is amazing. 

The build-up to Cody vs. Spears has been awesome. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Go away for a weekend and there are 3445 posts in the thread so this might have been mentioned already

Per Meltzer - since TNT is planning on treating AEW like sports, the TV show will air live on the West Coast (so 5 - 7 pm). He didn't say it wasn't 100% yet but that was the way everyone was is leaning.

I didn’t even think about it but that means 4:30 live shows here on a Wednesday. Raw and Smackdown have to deal with the same thing, and they don’t have unusually low attendance on the west coast. But I’m trying to bring a few friends and now you’re talking about using pto and it becomes a tougher sell.