DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

This thread got me to thinking about Daytona. I spend two hours there last year. A man described it to me as "the Florida of Florida" and boy, he knew what he was talking about.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Madusa was my first guess as well.  They're not flying someone from Japan to hold up a belt.  But they did fly someone in from Canada to hold up a belt.

To be fair, Bret was already there for Starrcast and wound up filling in for the spot that was reserved for Ric Flair.

In hindsight, it was way fucking cooler to have Bret Hart introduce the title than Ric Flair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

In hindsight, it was way fucking cooler to have Bret Hart introduce the title than Ric Flair.

Symbolically it was a perfect "fuck you" to the E, maybe better and certainly more subtle than smashing a throne with a hammer.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, Bret was already there for Starrcast and wound up filling in for the spot that was reserved for Ric Flair.

Of course, Bret is always less likely to embarrass himself and the company than Flair, so going with Bret was the better move.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Misty Blue Simms

3 hours ago, Casey said:

It's going to be Brandi most likely.

Seeing these two back to back to start this page made me think that the topic was 1990, and Casey meant Tom Brandi.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh, and just in case you guys didn’t know. John Pollock says they won’t be using the AEW commentary team to call this, instead this we’ll be called by fighting game commentators. 

Omega said at E3 that it'll be Ross, Excalibur and Goldenboy.

1 hour ago, ka-to said:

Seeing these two back to back to start this page made me think that the topic was 1990, and Casey meant Tom Brandi.

Tom Brandi introducing the women's title would be an odd yet funny choice.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ka-to said:

Now I think they might be insincere about this whole Women’s championship.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course, Bret is always less likely to embarrass himself and the company than Flair, so going with Bret was the better move.

Flair might make off with the belt and try to use it for collateral on three different loans while also committing to selling it to Highspots.

• Haha 4

This is why I’ll never work in marketing, I would have just called it All Elite Wednesday. Keeps things simple.

Or I would have went overboard on alliteration and called it Wonderful Weekly World Wide Wrestling Wednesday (also available on World Wide Web)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

Most people pronounce Wednesday with two syllables, don't they? Wenns-day, not Wed-Uns-Day.

Yeah I guess you’re right. Maybe I’m thinking Tuesday is shorter to say than Wednesday? I don’t know, looking forward until this is all official and hopefully we get a date soon. 

Edited by matt925

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

This is why I’ll never work in marketing, I would have just called it All Elite Wednesday. Keeps things simple.

Ain’t happening... The network, the name of the program, and the night when PPV’s take place is a calculated move to tug at the heartstrings of a lapsed fan base of a defunct wrestling organization. I’m eating it all up. Now all we need is a 2nd program on TBS called “Boom”.

Edit: *Pssh* Even AEW’s logo looks vaguely like WCW’s 90’s logo with the separation in the A, and E. Also the way the upper part of the E slants into the W.

All_Elite_Wrestling_Logo.jpg

wcw.jpg

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1