DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

29 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

They are still advertising Art of Wrestling when I was looking at the FITE website. I ain't got an extra $55 (Canadian tire money) on top of the ppv price. @Flair’s Shadow will hopefully be live posting during CM Punk's show on here so I don't have FOMO. 

Yeah, I misspoke. Pretty sure they re-arranged the days when Punk was announced. I think Cabana was originally on the day that Punk is, but it got moved to the day before or after - I can’t remember. 

2 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

Then the first segment on the first episode of AEW on TNT you hear is Cult of Personality and Punk comes out..... If that's not a channel changer like the days of the MNW, I don't know what is.

Yes, that would definitely get me to turn AEW off.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

JR and Conrad both went pretty hard on today's show with their insistence that Punk 100% won't be appearing on All Out. 

*Flair's Shadow* THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF IT'S A WORK! THEY HAVE YOU RIGHT WHERE THEY WANT YOU! IT HAS BEEN PREORDAINED. SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE DONE.  */Flair's Shadow*

• Haha 2

For me, Punk is one of those guys--like Jim Ross and Jim Cornette--that when I hear they are doing something with wrestling, I think "no fucking thanks." 

I appreciate that absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I don't see how a guy so embittered towards wrestling and so far removed from the whole business would be an asset. Maybe put him in the booth to get rid of everyone but Excalibur (as the unmasked portions of the AEW booth fucking suck), or make him a commissioner and build to a big match six months from now with Moxley or Omega...but immediately in the mix and a regular? Hard no. 

Would be a deep dish serving of irony if he were to come back in the Brock role and do big PPVs and maybe the odd TV appearance. I still don't think he's doing it and I'm on the fence of whether it would be a great move in terms of quality or not (jaded Punk is the shits, motivated Punk was physically awkward but really fantastic most of the time), but man would it be the absolutely ideal way to get eyeballs on your product heading into the TNT debut. It would be (relatively) akin to the boon the nWo brought WCW but right out of the gates.

• Like 2

Physically, Punk looks bigger now than he has in awhile. At least his arms do anyway. I think that was the first thing I noticed in that video was that his arms were looking real jacked baby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Physically, Punk looks bigger now than he has in awhile. At least his arms do anyway. I think that was the first thing I noticed in that video was that his arms were looking real jacked baby.

Image result for booker t lookin real jacked

It was nice to see him not miserable too.

• Like 1

How many roads must a man walk down? And if he accidentally walks up them instead, does that count as a minus?

Why do birds suddenly appear?

And finally, most importantly, who did actually let the dogs out?

43 minutes ago, Raziel said:

To be fair, he might not know any of that.

But he should know what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

Unless he was carrying the martini tray, darling...

tumblr_muo621cOC81qzquwto1_640.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

How many roads must a man walk down? And if he accidentally walks up them instead, does that count as a minus?

Why do birds suddenly appear?

And finally, most importantly, who did actually let the dogs out?

I think it actually was the Baja Men. They let their dogs out, the dogs fucked up the neighboring yards, the Baja Men noticed and got them in before the neighbors got home, then played dumb like they didn't know how it happened.