DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

The moment CM Punk said something negative about Tony Khan....it all became clear.

Punk’s perceived value only goes down after Saturday night if he doesn’t take part in this war with WWE. 

This is the moment. CM Punk won’t have to do anywhere near a full time schedule. Punk will go part time and to deflect the criticism by just sayinghe can do what he wants...when he wants.

Punk will be the ultimate anti-authority.

I still believe there will be at least a friendly handshake between Rhodes & Punk at Starrcast.

This is all going down.

The Shadow knows....

57 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

The moment CM Punk said something negative about Tony Khan....it all became clear.

Punk’s perceived value only goes down after Saturday night if he doesn’t take part in this war with WWE. 

This is the moment. CM Punk won’t have to do anywhere near a full time schedule. Punk will go part time and to deflect the criticism by just sayinghe can do what he wants...when he wants.

Punk will be the ultimate anti-authority.

I still believe there will be at least a friendly handshake between Rhodes & Punk at Starrcast.

This is all going down.

The Shadow knows....

I hope he does.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So, getting back to AEW...

Who else is excited for All Out? I definitely am. I'm also psyched getting to see AEW live October 16th. One of the drivers at my job, who looks like a smaller Braun Strowman and plays in a hardcore band is also going. 

Yeah,  I'm excited for All Out.  I have a couple buddies coming over for it. Not sure what's on the menu yet. Plus,  like you I'll be going to AEW live at the show in Boston.  I can't wait for this promotion to get rolling...  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah,  I'm excited for All Out.  I have a couple buddies coming over for it. Not sure what's on the menu yet. Plus,  like you I'll be going to AEW live at the show in Boston.  I can't wait for this promotion to get rolling...  

I'm glad I get to cross seeing AEW live off the list early on. Thank you secondary market.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In Punk I Still Trust

Fuck. I guess I still do too. I just wish he and Colt didn't have the falling out they had. I don't like seeing friends have that bad of a break up especially when they were friends as long as they were.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuck. I guess I still do too. I just wish he and Colt didn't have the falling out they had. I don't like seeing friends have that bad of a break up especially when they were friends as long as they were.

I especially hate when people that were once close are divided over money. I've seen firsthand my immediate family destroyed by money with my mom, grandmother, late aunt, and first cousin, who was like my sister growing up (We were both only children.). I have some pretty decent extended family when you start getting into 2nd cousins and such, plus the family in Greece I stay in touch with on fb.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Sad 2

I know where you’re coming from.

My mother in law’s family all fell out over her sister making their parents sell their home, building an annex onto their house as a granny flat for a fraction of the sale funds, then holding onto the extra money. 

Thats a whole bunch of cousins and aunt/uncle that won’t be part of my kids’ lives.

Elderly passive parents plus greedy offspring = family disaster. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alstein said:

A big reason why I don't want AEW Punk is it will kill any chance of AEW Colt.  Colt > Punk in 2019.

Yeah, I’m a bit confused having been out of the game for so many years.  Back when I was paying closer attention I thought Cabana was fantastic and on the rise.  I read of him being wasted in the New York territory.  But what’s happened since?  I see he’s worked for the lowly NWA and some indies, but why is he sitting in the commentary booth?  Especially since (I love Colt but) he’s a pretty weak colour man.  Is he on a career downturn?  

I will never forget being there live for his ROH title shot against Austin Aries in Buffalo. Crowd was solidly behind Colt and it felt like maybe this was the night.  I recently rewatched it and i think it held up.  I say think because I was distracted by Sapolsky’s next level bad commentary.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Maybe reading to much into it but that video seems to be poking fun at his liger training session video.

Also, that’s probably the most fun we’ve seen Punk have in a ring in what, nearly 10 years?

Of what we've seen? Probably. But in private at Roufusport I'm sure he has a lot of fun training. Maybe not so much the actual fighting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Yeah, I’m a bit confused having been out of the game for so many years.  Back when I was paying closer attention I thought Cabana was fantastic and on the rise.  I read of him being wasted in the New York territory.  But what’s happened since?  I see he’s worked for the lowly NWA and some indies, but why is he sitting in the commentary booth?  Especially since (I love Colt but) he’s a pretty weak colour man.  Is he on a career downturn?  

I will never forget being there live for his ROH title shot against Austin Aries in Buffalo. Crowd was solidly behind Colt and it felt like maybe this was the night.  I recently rewatched it and i think it held up.  I say think because I was distracted by Sapolsky’s next level bad commentary.  

He had a great run in the New Japan Cup this year and got over with the NJPW crowd.  He's been splitting commentary and wrestling until he got hurt this summer.  He was on one of the hottest streaks of his career until the injury.  I suspect he'll be part of WK this year in a 6-man match or rumble.

• Like 1

With all this Punk talk, it got me thinking.... I really don't want any hints of him joining AEW this weekend. Looking forward to his Starrcast interview and hope he ends it with talking about future projects (non wrestling related).

Then the first segment on the first episode of AEW on TNT you hear is Cult of Personality and Punk comes out..... If that's not a channel changer like the days of the MNW, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, alstein said:

He had a great run in the New Japan Cup this year and got over with the NJPW crowd.  He's been splitting commentary and wrestling until he got hurt this summer.  He was on one of the hottest streaks of his career until the injury.  I suspect he'll be part of WK this year in a 6-man match or rumble.

He was all over Rev Pro's tv run last year, and doing a total 70s World of Sport style throughout. Which he's really good at.

43 minutes ago, alstein said:

Great to hear.  Seems insane that ROH doesn't use an actual over and charismatic performer like Colt.  Especially at this stage.  Yeah, Punk whatever, license the Manilow jam, and bring Cabana out at All Out.  Let him pipe bomb on Punker.  That'd be as good as Punk debut for me.  Sorta.

Probably not smart for either Punk or Cabana to cut a shoot promo on the other when they're in the middle of a lawsuit against each other, again. Plus Cabana already cancelled his Starrcast appearance shortly after they announced Punk would be there. Not to mention they aren't going to have someone that's a ROH and New Japan regular appear in AEW, unless they suddenly start a working relationship with either or both companies.

• Like 1