DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure Cracker Barrel knows what they're getting into. The last time they had some product placement, the winner of the match got confronted by a group of penis druids.

I completely forgot about that!

I’m not about to tell anybody not to eat meat, but have a look into the pork, beef and poultry industries.  Get to know how that meat gets to your plate.  You might confirm your ideas that ‘random meat product’ is awesome or maybe.... not.  

Edit: I'm all for ethical meat production, who am I to say otherwise, but the fast food and slightly less fast food chains are not participants in anything resembling ethics.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

1 hour ago, Loki said:

<Cornette>With Janella, Havoc and Allen, there's probably going to be blood. Does Cracker Barrel want to be associated with that? So what happens if you piss off your sponsor?</Cornette>

AEW still doesn't hire you. He's so sad.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

AEW still doesn't hire you. He's so sad.

Ha, I really enjoyed hearing him talk about AEW v NXT.  He seems to want to side with AEW, rather than his former employer's 3rd brand. Hearing him mention that he would first hire different people reminds one that Jim is a mediocre talent scout, and a mediocre creative talent. I'm sure glad he is not the guy hiring the talent nor booking the angles.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Looking forward to this. A friend is in town and 4 of us are getting together to hang out, play games, and watch the PPV. I'll probably wind up having to rewatch because paying attention can be hard if we're playing Magic or whatever.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

To wrap this back around, didn't Cracker Barrel have a prior connection to wrestling in some way too? Like THE RYBACK used to love to go there or something? 

You are thinking of the infamous "Ryan Reeves Wont Stop Eating" video from that random Smackdown-only Tough Enough where Al Snow goes on a great rant about how he never stops eating. The video ends with Al being perplexed that Ryan is excited to eat at Cracker Barrel because he has never been to one.

The video is no longer on YouTube but it is on Dailymotion, and it is the greatest contribution that Al Snow has ever made to the wrestling business. 

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I’m not about to tell anybody not to eat meat, but have a look into the pork, beef and poultry industries.  Get to know how that meat gets to your plate.  You might confirm your ideas that ‘random meat product’ is awesome or maybe.... not.  

Edit: I'm all for ethical meat production, who am I to say otherwise, but the fast food and slightly less fast food chains are not participants in anything resembling ethics.  

Counterpoint: meat is delicious.

• Thanks 5

So, getting back to AEW...

Who else is excited for All Out? I definitely am. I'm also psyched getting to see AEW live October 16th. One of the drivers at my job, who looks like a smaller Braun Strowman and plays in a hardcore band is also going. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I’m hoping we get another Omega promo pre-all out to address this Pac character.  As fantastic as that promo addressing Moxley was we didn’t really get his feelings on his opponent.  

I’d also like to check in with Cody, Spears and Tully.  Maybe just a quick look at Tully teaching Shawn the slingshot suplex.  Bout time somebody brought that back.

Yeah, expectations are probably too high for the ppv going in, but I still expect it’ll be their best show yet.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Re: Excitement level for All Out, lukewarm. On paper, a lot of stuff isn't doing much for me. Shawn Spears is nothing in my mind until he shows me something, but at least Cody is there to presumably keep things interesting. Page isn't ready for the big spot, or maybe he is, but on paper he's nothing. Lucha Bros vs Bucks will do their thing and you'll like it if you're into them, but I'm into them and I've already seen that match. Kenny vs PAC should be fantastic, if a little cold. Private Party vs Angelico and Evans is probably the best thing on the undercard, but how excited am I supposed to be about an undercard tag? Jimmy Havoc in a semi-major match should tell you all you need to know about the roster depth here.

That said, the crowd will be lively and my low expectations will probably heighten my perception of the show. Ordering out of curiosity and hope that they over-deliver. 

I'm very excited for All Out, but I also want to see continued improvements to the production. FftF probably had the best sound production to date, but the audio for entrance music still isn't loud enough for the broadcast. I'm also of the opinion that the camera work is on par with WWE's. No one is going to be perfect when it comes to catching everything. I'd also like to see better entrance music in general for the wrestlers. Too much sounds very samey.

• Like 2

I'm excited for the show because I'm not fully sure what to expect or if it will even be good. Bucks/Lucha Bros I could probably call with my eyes closed but Page/Jericho and PAC/Omega have a lot of potential and I want to see what they do. Cody/Spears has eyes on it so I think they'll go for broke but whether they can pull it off or not is another question. Once again, the undercard isn't all that interesting but the matches should be fun at least.

I'm in this for Bucks/Lucha Bros and the Darby/Joey/Jimmy 3 way.  I don't really care about Spears or Page (who I was in to until that Sabian match killed my interest in watching him wrestle again), Pac vs Omega should be fun, and the undercard is good enough.

Jack/Angelico vs Private Party is going to be fucking dope and shame on you guys for sleeping on this one.

• Like 1

I'm into this card, but they could have went a bunch of different ways and I'd likely feel the same.  The level of passion and determination within this talented young roster right now is the selling point for me.  And I like that things have enough purpose.  There's spots to fill in the top of the card, so to speak, and titles to be had.  No need for any more angles than they've presented.  I just need a reason to think the competition of the match actually matters.  And that's how I feel about every match on the card.  Everybody has something to prove, and again it has me looking forward to Saturday night.    

I don't really know Pac all that well, but I gather he's going to match up nicely with Omega.  Kenny's promo (and watching a bunch of his NJ classics) has me thinking he's going to steal the show on Saturday.  I'm also stoked for Cody-Spears.  I truly believe Spears is going to answer the critics, and Cody's leading this charge in every way.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

I’m pretty excited, it’s on Fathers Day here in Oz so my gift is to shirk my fatherly duties and veg on the sofa watching this for a few hours.

All signs point to having their best announcing combo back together (JR/Excalibur/Goldenboy) which is one of the biggest positives for me.

PAC / Omega better be a total showcase for Kenny, he feels a couple of notches below Mox and he should appear every bit on the same level for TV. Also, for casual fans it’s not a good look for your potential fresh top star to be losing to the King of 205 Live. 3 way Barrel match should be chaotic fun too.

Like others, I’m interested in the lessons they learned and what different decisions they make for this show. Timing is one, also will they make the Battle Royale less of a disorganised cluster of bodies. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus were talking about how the match was laid out vs how it actually went down and it sounded pretty bodged together.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 2