DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Cracker Barrel sponsored the whole show at All In. But they actually used a barrel as a weapon a bit during Hangman vs Janela. I have a sneaky suspicion Darby Allin might have been watching Great Sasuke matches though.

That's not really a good thing.

20 hours ago, KidNatural said:

It's not surprising to me that ticket sales are slow in non smarky markets. Casual and lapsed fans don't know who most of these guys are. You have one major name in Jericho, a couple of guys who are instantly recognizable in Cody and John Moxley and that's it. Omega, the Bucks and Hangman Page may have been on ROH on Sinclair... but they still don't have the pull. I had a casual fan ask me if Hangman Page was DDP's son. It'll take time and good TV to get them going.

And? ?

• Like 1

Okay, so Schiavone is taking on an interview/control center-like position or is set to be part of a three man team?  I thought I read the commentary team would be Schiavone, Ross and Excalibur?  Now I'm seeing Goldenboy instead?  Truthfully, I think ppl r forgetting how utterly terrible Tony Schiavone was for so many years.  I like JCP Tony, but late 90s Tony was incredibly irritating.  Granted he was calling a horribly booked promotion, but even during their winning streak he was just terrible.  Hilariously terrible sometimes, but mostly just plain go away-terrible.  Further, he sounds like the same old idiot on the MLW broadcasts I've seen.  All that said, I like him in the interviewer role, so I'm really hoping that's the case. 

Darby Allin and Joey Janela facing one another on a national PPV sounds like potential for serious injuries.  I really hope they keep them in check.  I like both of them and want to see them progress. 

20 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Because the Bucks love Cracker Barrel and they'll cater the event for the crew.

I'm surprised Fridays wasn't interested considering how much they were in the BTE videos.

They rarely went to a Fridays in America though. They would always go in Japan, because of the "Masa mispronouncing English words" gag they were running.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I still can't figure out if this Cracker Barrel stuff is an inside joke or not. On the surface it looks like a legit sponsorship, but, like...

why Cracker Barrel?

Their breakfast is really good. They have a really, really good meatloaf dinner. You get a choice of three sides. Best of Happy Days on DVD. What’s not to understand?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyone in or around Philly looking to go to the show at the Liacourus Center, StubHub has tickets for as low as $24.24. I'm seriously considering going. The venue holds 10,200 people, so upper level tickets don't seem that bad. The tickets get pricey once you get into the 100's section. I'm thinking of splurging and spending $36 for a ticket in Section 210 Row D.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Their breakfast is really good. They have a really, really good meatloaf dinner. You get a choice of three sides. Best of Happy Days on DVD. What’s not to understand?

Meatloaf sucks and is disgusting. Also, breakfast is pretty hard to mess up. 

• Like 2

Meatloaf is delicious, especially with bacon on top. 

Meatloaf and a Best of Happy Days dvd? I'd feel like I'm ripping off Cracker Barrel.

So, I got my AEW: Philly ticket. It came to almost $50 with the bullshit surcharges.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You need better meatloaf recipes, you heretic. 

It's gross. Ground beef crammed into a bread pan and baked. That ain't good. You may as well put that right next to salisbury steak in the good food hierarchy. Ground beef in general is gross unless it's taco meat and even then I'd rather have shredded beef or chicken.

You know what's not gross and is beef? Brisket. Steak. Ribs. Italian beef. Shredded beef. Beef stew. Or basically, if it's on the menu at Portillo's, it's good.

Man, I'm getting hungry.

• Like 2

Can we all agree the worst Meatloaf is Motley Crue's Vince Neil physical transformation into heyday Meatloaf without being able to sing anywhere close to heyday Meatloaf? If you've seen recent clips, Vince Neil lets the audience sing most of the songs because he blows up so fast.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Burgers??!?

Nope. Taste and texture thing. They smell good if it's not some cheap bullshit, but I'll gag it out after the first bite. My nephew was like this too and he broke the curse when he had a night to himself and he decided he would get a burger from Five Guys. Now he enjoys burgers. I keep thinking about doing the same thing just to give it a shot.

• Sad 1