DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

6 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I’m really looking forward just to the physical act of changing the channel when one show or another is in a lull. As bad as Bischoff’s TNA was, that brief Monday night competition brought back a lot of memories and made me feel like a teenager again. 

Watching Fight for the Fallen and EVOLVE 100 at the same time was so awesome. Just a real throwback to being a kid in the 90s. I didn't even have that capability for the 1/4/10 "war"

Officially so far - the Dark Order and Best Friends (All in), Young Bucks and Private Party (Boston tv).

There's spots for 4 more teams so you would assume SCU, Evans/Algelico, Lucha Bros and Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus to fill out the rest. 

Edited by CSC

24 minutes ago, CSC said:

Officially so far - the Dark Order and Best Friends (All in), Young Bucks and Private Party (Boston tv).

There's spots for 4 more teams so you would assume SCU, Evans/Algelico, Lucha Bros and Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus to fill out the rest. 

Dark Order vs Best Friends is just to get a 1st round bye. I don't know if they've said whether the losing team would still be in the actual tournament or not but I would assume that makes the tournament 7 teams

A match to get a first round bye is .... just a first round match but before all the others. 

It would me an advantage if it was a one night tournament, but it's not, so it's essentially meaningless and no different than having an 8 team tournament. 

Edited by CSC
  • Haha 7

Yes. Chuck said "it would suck to lose this then go out in the first round."

edit: they both earned the shot by winning recent matches, so it is somewhat logical if unnecessary.

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, CSC said:

A match to get a first round bye is .... just a first round match but before all the others. 

It would me an advantage if it was a one night tournament, but it's not, so it's essentially meaningless and no different than having an 8 team tournament. 

Well actually they get essentially a month, and a half break. They also get to scout the first round to see their opponents team strategy in this tournament. 

Kayfade logic, baby!

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

I believe this is everything announced for tv so far:

Week 1:
-Cody vs Sammy Guevara 1st aew tv match
-Jon Moxley promo 
-women’s title match to crown the first champion
-Kenny and the bucks vs Jericho and 2 mystery partners 

Week 2:
-young bucks vs private party opening match

Week 3:
-first women’s title defense
-first world title defense

Week 4:
-2 semifinal matches for the tag titles
-Moxley vs ???

Edited by matt925
  • Like 1

I don't think it was officially mentioned here but I do remember Meltzer saying that TNT was going to run a special or two as a basic introduction for the fed so I am guessing that is one of those things

• Like 1

16 hours ago, matt925 said:

I believe this is everything announced for tv so far:

Week 1:
-Cody vs Sammy Guevara 1st aew tv match
-Jon Moxley promo 
-women’s title match to crown the first champion
-Kenny and the bucks vs Jericho and 2 mystery partners 

Week 2:
-young bucks vs private party opening match

-Jon Moxley vs Shawn Spears

Week 3:
-first women’s title defense
-first world title defense

Week 4:
-2 semifinal matches for the tag titles
-Moxley vs ???

Week 5:

-tag tournament finals

They just announced the finals for the tag tournament will be week 5. 

Are they just going to change the Control Centre host every week then?

EDIT: Private Party vs Angelico & Jack Evans on the All Out Buy in? Hell yeah!

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3