DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

If they do that exact same angle in an arena for the cameras... most people here would just shrug their shoulders.  The fact that Spears pops up unannounced on an indy show in Canada makes this special.  I really love the buildup to this match. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Do you think that will continue when TV starts?

Depends... They really shouldn’t stop. The WWE is currently making deals with Indy companies to cross promote, and eventually stream their shows on the Network. An up, and coming major company like AEW should continue to do what they are doing, and maybe use those partnerships in the future to their benefits as well. Playing nice with smaller companies is great PR. Like I still see them doing stuff with PWG, and HOG in the future. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Depends... They really shouldn’t stop. The WWE is currently making deals with Indy companies to cross promote, and eventually stream their show on the Network. An up, and coming major company like AEW should continue to do what they are doing, and maybe use those partnerships in the future to their benefits as well. Playing nice with smaller companies is great PR. Like I still see them doing stuff with PWG, and HOG in the future. 

If Billy Corgan can't successfully get it off the ground, then AEW should have a traveling champion (or champions) willing defend against the best in the world. That way, if any of the outside promotion's talent that's being highlighted appears on AEW TV in the future, there is at least some familiarity. It's not just some guy putting over the AEW champion for no reason.

• Like 2

Yeah, something like that would be great too. Speaking of possible matches that won’t happen on their TV show. I was thinking yesterday about the plan to have four big PPV’s. So why not try to run big exclusive house shows in certain markets. Just like they used to do back in the day by heavily promoting it on TV, and then run it in say New York with some big results, as well as some important angles coming out of it. Just use some stills, and fan cam to sell the audience “Fans, you should’ve been there in Long Island when so, and so attacked so, and so. Also a big title change happened last night as well. We will inform you later on who your new World Tag Team Champs are. Yes, I just said that fans. Your new World Tag Team Champions.”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

Like Ron Simmons beating Vader for the WCW World title at a house show, and it only being televised on the Ross Report?

Lets just speculate and say that All Elite announces MSG for the 4th Show. If your are AEW do you go to Baltimore (UMBC Event Center?) then spend November gong down the Atlantic seaboard in preparation for a big PPV Thanksgiving Weekend or do you head into the midwest? 

2 hours ago, alstein said:

AEW is just running Wed, they're going to need AEW House Shows on the weekends if they don't partner with folks.  I think they'd be better off partnering with indies to scout talent.

IIRC, I think that is what I read with them planning on running house shows on Saturday nights. 

Less than 24 hours until we know the next two cities. Anyone want to make a prediction? I'll take New York City, then Baltimore.

Even though they pretend to not be affiliated, if you order Starrcast by tomorrow (and I dont know if this includes tomorrow or not) you get the other two Starrcasts for free and an $8 Fite Credit which is good to have because you're going to want to get Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 2 anyway unless you have horrible taste

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

NYC has to be on the list I would think.  Then I think they'll head south so maybe somewhere in the mid Atlantic region. 

That’s what I’m thinking too.

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Does Mid-Atlantic just mean the Carolinas, or some other States as well?

I'd include Delaware; Maryland; Washington, DC; Viriginia, and West Virginia in the Mid-Atlantic region as well. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1