DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

58 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

"There is nothing wrong with having masked nudy boys." "I wish we had some..."

Alex Marvez makes my penis soft.

God. Can 30 minutes of the Wednesday show just be dedicated to Dustin and Greg talking? 15 minutes at the very least? Please?

LOL "Spooky perverts"

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

I feel like I'm live blogging this fucking thing. Jesus Christ. Can someone get Alex Marvez a tie that's from the last 2 or 3 years instead of this shit he bought from a Burlington Coat Factory back in 2001?

And while you're at it, can you teach this fucking guy how to tie a tie? You're on fucking TV, internet TV anyway, at least learn a half-windsor knot or something.

Fucking dork.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The company lasted for almost nine years so that can mean several things. You mean 250 things going on with an infinite number of run-ins? A ton of unnecessary juice? Turns for no reason at all? Women bouncing their pecs?  By the time they got on TNN, they didn't have any stars that weren't eventually heading to WWF/E (or a sinking WCW) and/or had already flamed out somewhere else. It was the derivative of a niche product trying to recreate magic that only got them so far in the first place.

I think a better explanation of why ECW died is similar to the story of 3rd parties in American politics: the things/issues that set them apart (blood, wild action, ect.)were co-opted by one of the two major promotions/parties and made them redundant. 

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I think a better explanation of why ECW died is similar to the story of 3rd parties in American politics: the things/issues that set them apart (blood, wild action, ect.)were co-opted by one of the two major promotions/parties and made them redundant. 

They made themselves redundant first. How many catfights (w/ Joey Styles screaming CATFIGHT), man on woman violence incidents, brawls etc. can you do in a period of six or seven years before people are no longer shocked? WWF had it and overused those elements on occasion, but there was enough self control to get the timing right when it mattered the most. Look at how WWF did all that in 98-00 vs. WCW when they started going off the cliff and began to rip off ECW themselves. 

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I feel like I'm live blogging this fucking thing. Jesus Christ. Can someone get Alex Marvez a tie that's from the last 2 or 3 years instead of this shit he bought from a Burlington Coat Factory back in 2001?

And while you're at it, can you teach this fucking guy how to tie a tie? You're on fucking TV, internet TV anyway, at least learn a half-windsor knot or something.

Fucking dork.

We need an Alex Marvez suggestion box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Fucking dork.

When he buys a suit, he should have the tailor pre-tie his ties. Leave it knotted, slip it over your head, and adjust. For being in the funeral business as long as I was, it took me a long time to learn how to tie a tie. It usually still takes me at least two tries to get it.

• Like 1

Do you not have school uniforms in America? Because I went from elastic/ clip on ties in Junior school (so up to age 10) to real ties at age Eleven. And that's when your Mum or Dad teaches you how to tie it, because no way are they doing it themselves for the next five years.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Of course.

I doubt the tolerant, progressive people running this are going to be keen on this idea when 75% of the suggestions are some variation of scum fans telling Alex to kill himself. 

I'm expecting a Mike Adamle level dogpile if they keep putting this guy out there. Hope he's saving up some rage for an awesome Michael Cole style rant. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

Do you not have school uniforms in America? Because I went from elastic/ clip on ties in Junior school (so up to age 10) to real ties at age Eleven. And that's when your Mum or Dad teaches you how to tie it, because no way are they doing it themselves for the next five years.

Private schools, religious (Catholic school) yes. Public school, no

Shit, from like 7-9th grade, everything I wore to school were band shirts and flannel.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Mine too.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Fucking dork.

No worries. @Craig H got me back up.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Private schools, religious (Catholic school) yes. Public school, no

Shit, from like 7-9th grade, everything I wore to school were band shirts and flannel.

Lebanon, TN had a school dress code when I went there for middle school (except 8th when I moved back to my hometown). It was just khaki pants and a polo with the school logo on it, but still. It wasn't a private school or anything. I want to say even one of the the high schools there had a dress code, too. Might have changed by now, though.

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I doubt the tolerant, progressive people running this are going to be keen on this idea when 75% of the suggestions are some variation of scum fans telling Alex to kill himself. 

I'm expecting a Mike Adamle level dogpile if they keep putting this guy out there. Hope he's saving up some rage for an awesome Michael Cole style rant. 

How about an AEW call in show? I expect it to go like this:

• Haha 7

Some public schools have a "uniform" that are basically khakis and a navy or some other boring color polo shirt. Girls have to wear the same uniform. At least here, that is how 2 or 3 of the high schools with a more diverse population have it and the idea is that it cuts down on violence, bullying, gang shit, whatever.

I was lucky enough that my high school didn't require that so I was free to wear whatever Black Flag, NOFX, ECW (in my case) shirts, you know, the standard non-preppy, dirtbag teenager attire when all of your friends are goth or punk kids. I still knew how to tie a tie though, but I knew that because my family is huge and I had to go to plenty of funerals or weddings when I was young.

Edited by Craig H

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

"There is nothing wrong with having masked nudy boys." "I wish we had some..."

@Craig H nicely summed up the dated suit/tie situation, but maybe more importantly can mgmt do something about that monstrosity on his chin.

I’ve heard some back and forth on Omega’s promo ability, but all I’ve seen has been pretty strong.  I really dug this one.  Just nice to see a guy not playing intense or whatever other cartoon style 98% of talent are doing.  

Good stuff from the besties.  

Anything more on aew in New York?