DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

Uh, yeah? All together there’s 12. That’s not counting the joshi talent that’s appeared once or twice since Double Or Nothing either (except Aja Kong and Hikaru Shida, who are with AEW).

59 minutes ago, Casey said:

Uh, yeah? All together there’s 12. That’s not counting the joshi talent that’s appeared once or twice since Double Or Nothing either (except Aja Kong and Hikaru Shida, who are with AEW).

Aja is with Oz Academy. She is just allowed to do whatever she wants. Shida is the only fully signed joshi wrestler. Everyone else is either on a per appearance basis or part of their relationship with DDT/TJPW.

She’s allowed to do what she wants... so she’s with AEW, obviously. Shida is signed, like I said and you agreed. I said “not counting the joshi women”, so, uh... I obviously didn’t count them in the roster lineup.

I don’t really know what your point was there, other than a technicality with Aja Kong.

Impact Women's Roster: Taya Valkyrie, Tessa Blanchard, Madison Rayne, Keira Hogan, Rosemary, Jordynne Grace, Su Yung, Jessica Havoc... and that's it? They have a Champion. 8 Wrestlers.

SmackDown Women's Roster: Asuka, Bayley, Billie Kay, Carmella, Charlotte, Ember Moon, Kairi Sane, Liv Morgan, Mandy Rose, Peyton Royce, Sonya DeVille. 11 Wrestlers. Have a Champion.

RAW Women's Roster: Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Naomi, Natalya, Nikki Cross, Sarah Logan. 8 Wrestlers. Have a Champion.

My shot was from when, during the last time Brandi trolled the net and kicked off our bi-quarterly discussion of WWE Women's Division pushes by hair color, I scanned the AEW roster on their own page and it only had Brandi, Rose, Allie, Prestley, Rae, and Baker listed.  They've since updated so my crack is out of date.

20 hours ago, Ace said:

Dakota is Dustin & Terri's daughter.

If it's Arn, he has to turn on him and cost Cody the match.

Dustin needs to have the Dusty/Dustin talk with Cody about Arn Anderson.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

She’s allowed to do what she wants... so she’s with AEW, obviously. Shida is signed, like I said and you agreed. I said “not counting the joshi women”, so, uh... I obviously didn’t count them in the roster lineup.

I don’t really know what your point was there, other than a technicality with Aja Kong.

Your post makes it sound likes Aja is signed to AEW. She isn;t and probably won't be showing up weekly.

What's shady about selling out in two minutes? Are you insinuating that they're lying about those fast sellouts, and that actually tickets remain on sale through official channels after they've supposedly Sold Out? nb: People buying tickets to immediately re-sell for a profit still counts as a ticket sale. Even if the re-seller fails to sell his stuff and nobody turns up to take the seat. 

• Thanks 1

It isn't shady in terms of actually selling out the place in that amount of time.  It is just a shady ticket selling process designed to screw fans.  There was a recent story where people working with bands would buy hundreds of cheaper tickets with the express purpose of putting them on Stubhub and other sites and make tons more make more profit.   Hopefully Ticketmaster has the minimum selling limit that they do for major shows like Wrestlemania. 

All I am saying is that I would like to not have to pay $120 for a $35 ticket when I actually willing to pay $35 (plus Ticketmaster's bullshit fees) at noon today

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

They're actually using Ticketmaster this time?

Oh ok, looks like they are. It also looks like there might be a virtual waiting room setup for this, which tends to cut down on assholes buying up shitloads of tickets.

Edited by Craig H

So unless I'm looking at this wrong it looks like they're pretty much sold out already.  Either that or there's so few tickets that are being picked by somebody else or it gives an error code.  Son of a bitch.

EDIT:  So now it's just an error code so who knows what's going on here.  I might just have to rely on Stubhub or something.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming you mean under $75

Yeah.   ?‍♂️

Actually I see tons of them but they have the following message:

Sorry! Another fan beat you to these tickets, so they're no longer available. Please select another listing, or adjust your criteria and try again.

Hey I have upgraded to an Error code

Edited by hammerva

Yeah this sale is really interested to follow because folks are immediately assuming it is sold out because they couldn't get tickets (including some of the name wrestling "reporters") so some folks are giving up already (or not trying)

So Cody and the AEW account basically have to keep tweeting KEEP TRYING!!! THERE ARE GOOD SEATS STILL AVAILABLE!!!!

Yep, error code 0002 for all the tickets I clicked on.  I guess that's one of the negative aspects of running in venues like this but I sure wish they went through somebody else (it that's even possible)

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Ticketmaster sucks. The only good experience I had with buying in demand tickets was getting Cubs postseason tickets. MLB is the last place I'd expect for them to get buying tickets right.

It sounds like Ticketmaster got flooded with bots. How is this still a problem in 2019? I hate to say it, but there almost needs to be some kind of 2-factor authentication to purchase any tickets that are this in demand.