DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think that would be a mistake right now. They are a company that needs to build an audience through a medium that makes money through ad dollars.

I agree on the ad money, but also see no reason they couldn't sell ads on said replay. There are commercials before/during WWE shows on Hulu

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

You think they gonna put the shows up on Bleacher Report after they air?

They are going to have to figure out a way to get the shows online for those of us who gave up on cable a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

They are going to have to figure out a way to get the shows online for those of us who gave up on cable a long time ago. 

If I was them I'd put them on Bleacher Report but not right away.  Probably day after. They don't want to cut the legs off the live viewing. 

On 7/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Maybe that guy from that old podcast might be the big get.

No, Court Bauer won't let Schiavone do anything else with AEW.

The big surprise should be during the main event of Cody/Spears II, Arn Anderson shows up wearing the Panama hat, jack!  Bahgawd, whose side is he on?  Tune in next week, we're outta time!

Edited by BEN!
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Brody King =/= Brody Lee as far as my excitement level but they should hire both

My excitement for Brody King hinges on Marty and PCO coming in, keeping Villain Enterprises together. PCO is perfect for shorter tv matches and his gimmick is tailor made for BTE, if it keeps going.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

It sounds like it won't be continuing. I'm okay with that. It peaked with the Golden Lovers stuff and they didn't do a great job of following up on that. Still an enjoyable 15 minutes but it'll be too onerous once TV starts and they've said that.

6 hours ago, tbarrie said:

That one was apparently less memorable to me, as I have no recollection of it. I do remember the scarecrow thing he did the year he was fed to 'Taker.

The dancer is JoJo. The band performing are the writers of "Broken Out in Love", Mark Crozer & the Rels.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It sounds like it won't be continuing. I'm okay with that. It peaked with the Golden Lovers stuff and they didn't do a great job of following up on that. Still an enjoyable 15 minutes but it'll be too onerous once TV starts and they've said that.

As long as we get vignettes of PCO's insane feats.

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I loved his electric chair entrance at the MSG show we attended 

I want PCO and Brody pulling into the arena and to the stage in a hearse if/when they debut. 

Marty would look fucking sick driving a hearse in full plague dcotor gear.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Not a scoop. I’m trying to think of ideal venues for them in the Bay Area and I think Haas Pavilion at UC Berkeley is perfect. Capacity of 11,855 so for wrestling that would be like 8-9k. Even if they drew 6k it would look much better than an nba arena, and it’s a nice looking building that doesn’t look minor league at all. 

I cant wait to see the first list of venues they run in. Very curious. I think college basketball will be a good choice in a lot of places. 

• Like 4

The Orleans Arena in Vegas holds 9500 for boxing when they end up on the west coast I hope they stop here. MGM should be for the Memorial Day show only. Cody also seemed upset by how little ROH drew (large for them but not large for a 9,000 seat arena) so I hope they run hear for TV. Be interesting how strong the metropolitan Vegas market is for AEW, lets see how well they draw on a Wednesday when the fly in will be small if any at all. I'd go. I'd like to see AEW tour the Southwest, go for the smaller markets WWE neglates.

Also I agree with those (can't remember who specifically but there was a couple) that said they should but the show up on B/R the next morning. Thats how Hulu does it with WWE, Turner owns B/R they can have ads on the stream Hulu has conditioned us to accept ads on a stream. Nowadays with all the cord cutting and sometimes you can't watch live do to whatever so it be nice to be able to have the shows archived to watch later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The dancer is JoJo. The band performing are the writers of "Broken Out in Love", Mark Crozer & the Rels.

Great entrance. Always wondered who the dancer was so thanks for that. Ring announcer JoJo?