DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Casey said:

For those wondering, Meltzer said Kylie Rae's sudden disappearance from social media and pulling out of bookings (and being replaced at Fyter Fest by Allie) are all because of a "medical issue, it's been kept quiet and she'll be back soon".

When she returns she’ll join the Evil Order with her smiley shirt turning into a frown. 

• Like 1

He's basically doing the same thing he did for All In, except this time he's doing the autographs at Starrcast and not at the Pro Wrestling Tees store (which has about the worst parking in the entire city).

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ve had it in the back of my mind that somethings up with him. It’s probably nothing, and it’s just like the PWTees meet & greet. But maybe... Just maybe...

Punk is never returning to wrestling. Christ. He did a video for NASCAR of all things. He's nearly doing everything but returning to wrestling.

Anybody can get a good reaction from something like that. But that billed up, and pay off was a bore. The closet comparison to Miz’s feud was the one Punk had with Heyman, and Ryback. I will definitely go back and watch that feud, before I ever go back, and watch Miz Vs. Shane.

• Like 1

Cody and Kenny both need something to do that isn't chasing the World title. And facing each other is probably in the 'somewhere down the line' file, rather than the 'Dream match BOOK IT NOW' file. Cody just has to do a solid enough promo that people want to see him vs Spears. I'm not betting against him pulling that off.

14 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Shane made that team work just as much as The Miz did. Shane > Miz.

That’s very true. I mean it all falls apart because you have to believe Shane is a threat. But all that babyface Shane stuff really helped that turn. After that... Ehhhh...

Excellent 'Road to' vid. Control Center was stellar - nice to see Schiavone in a suitable role. And Page executed a heckuva good promo there. The Spears sit down with JR was tremendous - so stoked to see one of my top 5 favorite performers helping to steer the ship of this mission.  Excellent reveal!  Spears suggesting Cody used/abused his former partners and naming the retired cast of characters was smart storytelling - especially by modern wrestling standards. I never saw him in WWE, maybe that's why I'm believing every piece of his AEW story, and excited to see more. But regardless, I don't get the hate for a guy gearing up with what WWE wanted him to wear and following their inane booking.  If I had seen it, rather than read about it, I'd probably be even more excited for this hard working veteran. 

Also, if they pull off this story and Spears is elevated there won't be too many under utilized talents not wanting a shot with AEW.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Excellent 'Road to' vid. Control Center was stellar - nice to see Schiavone in a suitable role. And Page executed a heckuva good promo there. The Spears sit down with JR was tremendous - so stoked to see one of my top 5 favorite performers helping to steer the ship of this mission.  Excellent reveal!  Spears suggesting Cody used/abused his former partners and naming the retired cast of characters was smart storytelling - especially by modern wrestling standards. I never saw him in WWE, maybe that's why I'm believing every piece of his AEW story, and excited to see more. But regardless, I don't get the hate for a guy gearing up with what WWE wanted him to wear and following their inane booking.  If I had seen it, rather than read about it, I'd probably be even more excited for this hard working veteran. 

Also, if they pull off this story and Spears is elevated there won't be too many under utilized talents not wanting a shot with AEW.

Is there any realistic way Spears gets elevated to something that won't fade away in a month or two's time without winning? I feel like if they're serious about him, he needs to win. I mean, he shouldn't but he should if they want him to succeed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Is there any realistic way Spears gets elevated to something that won't fade away in a month or two's time without winning? I feel like if they're serious about him, he needs to win. I mean, he shouldn't but he should if they want him to succeed.

The fact that they are giving him Tully probably means that they’ll go long with this. Maybe an eventual bloody blow off cage match.

• Like 2