DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, lostinube said:

So for whatever reason, Tokyo Joshi Pro announced that Shoko Nakajima is off their 7/13 Nagoya show because she'll be in Jackonsville.

Hmmmmm... Interesting.

This Saturday’s card is starting to look way better on paper with the new tag match, and the potential additional women’s match added.

That would be an uppercut to the dick. Immediate DQ!

EDIT: Also, would Stardom allow Bea Priestly to face Shoko Nakajima? I doubt either company would allow their top champions to face each other, but it'd be pretty awesome if it did happen.

Edited by Casey

Ain't it Kenny and Brandi? That's what they've been intimating so far.

Drunkicho is greatness personified. Fucking TV Guide cover blown up and framed beside his home security.

"Fuck the fans... I'm Chris Jericho." Simple but effective!

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

He quizzically commented on how Omega thinks TAKA is a ledge but was surprised when Tony said Meltzer thought highly of the Brotherhood's work in WWE. Was a pretty good little shot.

Not much of an episode until the end. The stuff with Cody and Dustin was fantastic. Very 2019 pro wrestling in that they are weaving in and out of kayfabe but trying to build real life animosity and I think it worked very well.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Not much of an episode until the end. The stuff with Cody and Dustin was fantastic. Very 2019 pro wrestling in that they are weaving in and out of kayfabe but trying to build real life animosity and I think it worked very well.

Also a bit of Ric Flair there too. In the way Flair would come off as the respectable competitor, but then he’d flip a switch, and become a real dick by the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I wouldn't say Cody shits on TAKA. He buries the fuck out of DragonGate, though.

Pretty sure this is going to lead to some matches like Omega/Dustin and PAC/Cody, etc.

• Like 2

People really need to watch that Chris Van Vliet interview with the Bucks (and Cutler as well). Lots of stuff in there - PAC is still coming, Matt talks to CM Punk a lot, they talk about the ROH/New Japan stuff, hyping an AEW video game that's in discussions, and among a lot of other stuff they talk about how that chairshot was supposed to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Casey said:

EDIT: Also, would Stardom allow Bea Priestly to face Shoko Nakajima? I doubt either company would allow their top champions to face each other, but it'd be pretty awesome if it did happen.

Probably not since its something they could do in Japan if they ever decide to work together. 

I watched some of Fyter Fest.  Not the pre-show and stopped during the Batista thing.  I've seen The Young Bucks and Lucha Bros. wrestle already.  Now if the mystery man had been Savio Vega, the real TNT the Caribbean ninja, I might've powered through.  I like Fenix and Pentagon, Jr. better as singles.  AEW should quit screwing around and do Pentagon, Jr. vs. Moxley.

This was not Jim Ross' crowd and they should've sat him out of this one.

Commentators out there saying Christopher Daniels is Curry Man.  Everybody knows Curry Man is the TNA Fired Champion and owes Daniels money.

Why is the guy getting a shot at the AEW Championship having to wrestle a four-way to get on the next show in a match with Kip Sabian who wasn't even on the DON main show and if you don't already know who he is you wouldn't know anything else about him after his guest commentary spot?  He isn't Chris Sabin or Black Jeez is what I know about him.

People all sensitive about a chairshot when Darby Allin's out there smashing up his guts and spinal column.  Don't worry about Cody Rhodes.  He got that executive-level health plan.  Notice there where like half a dozen people checking on him while Allin was laying in a heap outside the ring.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BEN! said:

People all sensitive about a chairshot when Darby Allin's out there smashing up his guts and spinal column.  Don't worry about Cody Rhodes.  He got that executive-level health plan.  Notice there where like half a dozen people checking on him while Allin was laying in a heap outside the ring.

Let me axe you a question. If your creepy uncle, and the family dog got run over at the same time, who would everybody in your family be legit concerned for first? I’m talking mother, father, grandmother, and other relatives.

Besides that can play into his story origin reason for not having faith in other humans, since they showed more concern for the pampered son of a legend, over a young starving for attention wrestler.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

The one spot i want to see in The Rhodes vs Bucks match is a Bionic Elbow Party to counter The Superkick Party.

Are the *BLANK* Parties something as a wrestling fan you first accept and then learn to love?  The choreographed 'Parties' during the 6 man tag from Fyter Fest made it difficult to stay with that match.  Seems like there isn't any point complaining, but rather a personal need to figure out how to accept this twee form of wrestling. 

10 hours ago, BEN! said:

Ha, this is very true.  

I am really digging these post-event press conferences, but I really wish the Bucks, and Khan, hadn't responded shooting about the mishap of a gimmicked chair.      

• Like 1