DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

I think something to consider also is for Luchasaurus it's essentially a fresh start for him.  So he may have shit the bed in LU (I liked what I saw on TV) but that might not be something that people will know about him.  Pairing him with Jungle Boy should work to hide his limitations as he's not somebody I would have in a singles run anyway (see his ROH matches as an example)  Plus he's so damn wacky looking that he can get by with that for a good while.

Or, you can run with what Brian said said as I got ninja'd while posting this.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

They uploaded the show opening to YouTube. I don't know why, but they did. Seems a bit odd to be watching it more than 24 hours before the show starts.

Impact does the same thing. 

"Their passion will create an energy that will infuse your soul, an energy that declares 'Let's live forever.'" Fuck me. Are they promoting a wrestling show or BlueChew or religion or what? Talk about a hard sell.

For shits and gigs, here's Impact's. If you stick around till the end, you can hear Josh Matthews slip an extra syllable into Slammiversary. 

Spoiler

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not to pile on, but I'd literally never heard of Bigfoot and Wildboy before this thread.

I had to look it up on Wikipedia. The show ended a year and a half before I was born.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot_and_Wildboy

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

It was admittedly pretty obscure. I think. I was young enough when it was on that I didn't really have my finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist.

The only thing I actually remember about the show is one scene where some evil scientist or hunter or something has Wild Boy in a cage, and he monologues something like "Never in my wildest dream did I think there could be such a thing a Wild Boy". Which even as a kid struck me as an odd line, because, I mean - he's a Boy that's Wild. It's not that mindblowing a concept.

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"Their passion will create an energy that will infuse your soul, an energy that declares 'Let's live forever.'" Fuck me. Are they promoting a wrestling show or BlueChew or religion or what? Talk about a hard sell.

Man that video is poorly written. I guess there are people who get excited when a wrestling company goes that wild with self-aggrandizement but I absolutely don't get it.

• Thanks 1

Everyone shits on WWE's dramatic hype videos? I don't even think anyone here comments on them much less shits on them. Hell, I can't even think of a video WWE does that similar to that AEW opening.

EDIT: If anything, WWE has been missing cool videos to open PPVs. When was the last time they even did a "showcase of the immortals" type of video?

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

If only there was a way to find out if the three minute video actually had that quote or not.

Is there a transcript?

I love the WWE’s opening videos. You know the “Then, Now, Forever”(At least the Disney-like previous one, the new one is ehhhh), even though the “Forever” thing gets under my skin knowing how much they have a strangle hold on this genre.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Everyone shits on WWE's dramatic hype videos? I don't even think anyone here comments on them much less shits on them. Hell, I can't even think of a video WWE does that similar to that AEW opening.

Um... every WrestleMania?