DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Have you seen video game forums?

Yeah, and they suck.  But at gaming conventions while there's some bad apples at least in the convention they get deal with for their actions.  But in the case of CEO it's not the convention or the attendees but more the city of Daytona itself.  I've read some pretty fucked up stuff that attendees had to put up with but at least JeBailey has been working with the Chief of police since last year to address the one coming up.  It's unfortunate the Daytona contract is for a couple more years but I bet that first chance he gets he's taking CEO back to Orlando.

2 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Fyter Fest being more fighting game than general video game means more diverse in general.  The fighting game community is more sexist than racist tbh.

This will be AEW's version of the Saudi deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fight for the Fallen is sponsored by a regional personal injury law firm. Major league!

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/farah-farah-announced-as-presenting-sponsor-for-fight-for-the-fallen

No Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro, no buys. 

Speaking of buys (possibly), how can someone not from America watch these two shows? 

1 minute ago, Dewar said:

No Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro, no buys. 

Speaking of buys (possibly), how can someone not from America watch these two shows? 

$59.99 on the B/R Live app.

Joking, I think both are going on the B/R Live app for free.

12 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's unfortunate the Daytona contract is for a couple more years but I bet that first chance he gets he's taking CEO back to Orlando.

That would be best for everybody involved. I got better beaches down here already. If I want to travel to an event, I’d rather have a theme park around to do something extra.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

B/R Live is not a thing outside of America. Damn Kenny Omega for forgetting about us little people who watched him job to Samoa Joe in a bar while getting wasted on a Thursday night. ??

Just now, Dewar said:

B/R Live is not a thing outside of America. Damn Kenny Omega for forgetting about us little people who watched him job to Samoa Joe in a bar while getting wasted on a Thursday night. ??

Shit, my bad, I thought you said in America.  Fite.tv is carrying it for $9.99

8 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Isn't it? I was sure I saw an announcement somewhere saying that's how it would be viewable in Canada as well as the US.

Twitter says B/R is available in Canada, but the B/R Live website (https://live.bleacherreport.com/terms) says this: 

ELIGIBILITY:

To be eligible to subscribe to the Service, you must meet the following criteria (the "Eligibility Criteria"):

(a) You must reside within the fifty states of the United States of America ("U.S."), the District of Columbia, or certain US territories (collectively, the "Service Area") and have reached the age of 18, or the age of legal majority in your state or territory of residence; and

(b) You must establish a registered account (“Registered Account”) with Bleacher Report Live.

So colour me confused. 

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Both are in Daytona, and Jacksonville. Not major metropolitans, and wrestling hotbeds. I think this is where not having TV right now might hurt them in these towns.

The Daytona show is during the 2nd biggest fighting game tourney in the US- they usually get about 1500-2000 ticket sales just from that.   Fighting game fans love wrestling for the most part.

Also, Jebailey is one of those FG TOs who is not in favor of the sexism, and runs a damn good diverse event, he's one of the good guys in the community.  CEO and Combo Breaker are the two events that really try to be good.  If I can hit one event a year, it's CEO , though I couldn't this year. 

CEOTAKU is particularly known for being inclusive.

The non-American option is FITE.tv I believe

As for long term, I think if AEW stays hot, and can fill a 15,000 seat Arena in Orlando, Jebailey might move it back to Orlando- kinda hope he does.

Edited by alstein

I was looking for it on fite.tv's upcoming schedule and it wasn't there. DoN replays still were though. It was listing start times in BST but prices in US$ (not GB£) as well. And ITV's upcoming schedule only goes up to Friday the 28th right now.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fight for the Fallen is sponsored by a regional personal injury law firm. Major league!

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/farah-farah-announced-as-presenting-sponsor-for-fight-for-the-fallen

I feel like it makes sense. It's a show with a charity aspect in regard to gun violence. Getting shot is for sure a personal injury. Whether or not you think it is bush league is a totally valid point, but I appreciate the synergy between subject matter and sponsor type.

23 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I feel like it makes sense. It's a show with a charity aspect in regard to gun violence. Getting shot is for sure a personal injury. Whether or not you think it is bush league is a totally valid point, but I appreciate the synergy between subject matter and sponsor type.

While all of that is true, the mental image conjured of an ambulance chasing slip-and-fall operation still tickles me. 

• Like 1

They are so good at introducing new talent. I imagine the non-wrestling aspects of AEW TV will look like the road to shows and that's great. Those two do not have the over the top annoying charisma you'd think somebody with that gimmick would need or have but it took them 4 or 5 minutes of providing context and I'm good to go. Solid character building is a huge part of effective pro wrestling. AEW has proven it can do the outside the ring storytelling very well before their TV debuts. Of course doing it for 2 hours a week will be a bigger challenge but this is an excellent start. 

Edited by Oyaji

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

They are so good at introducing new talent. I imagine the non-wrestling aspects of AEW TV will look like the road to shows and that's great. Those two do not have the over the top annoying charisma you'd think somebody with that gimmick would need or have but it took them 4 or 5 minutes of providing context and I'm good to go. Solid character building is a huge part of effective pro wrestling. AEW has proven it can do the outside the ring storytelling very well before their TV debuts. Of course doing it for 2 hours a week will be a bigger challenge but this is an excellent start. 

The way Tony Khan talks about how he wants to present AEW on TV is closer to how wrestling was presented prior to the skit era of pro wrestling, with more stuff around the ring area(possibly around the entrance too), and less invisible cameraman acting. Basically presenting it more like a sport. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2