DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

In fairness I was there for New Japan and I think many others were as well.  

ROH couldn't half fill MSG without New Japan.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Speaking of New Japan, why wouldn’t you put Jon Moxley on the Dallas Card? I know he’s Block B and Block A is in Dallas but idk why not do half A and half B for Dallas?

Moxley on the show could potentially help drum up interest and ticket sales.

Maybe Moxley’s deal with New Japan is he can only do shows in Japan but he just did Indie shows last weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Speaking of New Japan, why wouldn’t you put Jon Moxley on the Dallas Card? I know he’s Block B and Block A is in Dallas but idk why not do half A and half B for Dallas?

They could but it would kind of mess up the deal where half the guys work one night and the next night they can rest in tag matches. 

20 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

They still haven’t ran Minoru vs Liger even though they’ve been teasing it for like 2 months now.

I wonder if New Japan is going to try to stretch Liger vs. Suzuki out until WK.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They could but it would kind of mess up the deal where half the guys work one night and the next night they can rest in tag matches. 

Thing is they aren’t working again until the 13th. So they have seven days of rest for B Block Night 1. They could’ve booked one less show in Japan to give Dallas a super combined night for the league. But they had these buildings booked way in advanced so they couldn’t back down from the schedule. Especially after The Elite left the company. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Moxley on the show could potentially help drum up interest and ticket sales.

Maybe Moxley’s deal with New Japan is he can only do shows in Japan but he just did Indie shows last weekend. 

Seems really silly not to book Moxley in Dallas when you have him. Unless he had a pre-existing commitment.

But that's hiding your star attraction in the undercard in a tag match. They need to move tickets. Unless Moxley's deal with NJPW prohibits him for working singles matches in America for whatever reason (unlikely), then there's no viable excuse. Fudge the blocks, start with B Block, or have him be an exception. 

• Like 2

I looked on ticketmaster I don't know how to take a picture of the seating chart but they have sold a lot of tickets as Vile One saying they still have tickets available in sections that matter

For you numbers people here's a ticket tracker post i found on Reddit. This person has been keeping track of ticket sales and is predicting 5-6 Thousand people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/by8vbh/njpw_g1_climax_dallas_ticket_sales_tracker_update/

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Oh the G1 is a thing?  I thought it died a horrible death because MINORU SUZUKI ISN'T IN IT AND THEY CAN EAT MY SHIT.  ALL OF MY SHIT.

I get that this is presumably indignation put on for our entertainment, but according to the rumblings he is a lot more broken down than he lets on so this may be a mercy for his health despite the frustration for those of us who want to see a Suzuki maiming for all the newcomers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

They only announced the singles matches.  They haven't announced the undercard tag matches yet.  Moxley will likely be there.

NJPW announced he won't be at the Dallas show or the G1 press conference.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder if New Japan is going to try to stretch Liger vs. Suzuki out until WK.

Probably, they haven't done anything after initial push during, I think, Dontaku tour. Dominion had nothing with them, now Suzuki is mad that he won't be in G1 and Liger is doing Super J-Cup thing. So probably it will get revisited only at KoPW or something like that.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

NJPW announced he won't be at the Dallas show or the G1 press conference.

AEW has Moxley's US rights so he was never going to be on the show and it is why he was put in B Block (that is all per Meltzer this morning)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well that can remove the "NJPW and AEW are working together" talking point.

For now. People were saying there was no reason for NJPW to partner with AEW. Now besides TV exposure, here's another reason.