DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

Motherfucker. The virtual waiting room is up now and I'm in there, but before this started I got to look at ticket prices and I swear they doubled in price from All In. Maybe not doubled, but they're definitely more expensive.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Secondly, the reasons given to place Omega vs Moxley last aren't good. People are either giving their bad fantasy booking ideas or only saying that the match should go on last because they're the ones with bigger names. That reasoning both undermines the top title in the company in what will probably be their biggest and most important PPV yet and it underestimates just how over Page and Jericho are.

Top title would not be undermined if top people were competing for it.

People more over than Page: Omega, Mox, Jericho, Bucks, Lucha Bros, Cody. I think this list could be expanded, but I don't think that anyone can argue against this list. And all of them are better in the ring than Page. Thats 8 people that are more over and better than him. He simply shouldn't be in main event of their biggest show at this stage of his career.

Like it or not, Adam Page is the one they're building into a star and is positioned as a top guy. Many others already see him as that or as a guy who's really close to that. There's definitely more money to be had in having Page chase the title and build up momentum along the way, but the guy is going to be a star in the near future.

I would say that even WWE couldn't fuck up turning Page into a star, but I also said that about Bayley, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Rusev, and a few others. So maybe they would find a way.

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Motherfucker. The virtual waiting room is up now and I'm in there, but before this started I got to look at ticket prices and I swear they doubled in price from All In. Maybe not doubled, but they're definitely more expensive.

This is from the new WON

All Out, which is the next real test, the second PPV show on 8/31 in Chicago, has tickets going on sale on 6/14 at Noon Eastern. This will be very interesting because this is really a return to the market and usual new promotion rules are if the first show sells out instantly that the second show won’t. Still, those in the company are talking like they expect it will instantly, although to me, anything above 7,000 tickets first day is good. Tickets are priced from $190 down to $30 and it looks to be scaled at round $600,000 so they aren’t jacking prices up to WWE big show levels.

I don't remember seeing anything for $30, but I probably missed it. I think Meltzer is going to be wrong about this thing not selling out. I would be shocked if it doesn't sell out.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Shit, I might actually be able to get tickets for this. 1615 people ahead of me right now. I'll be in to purchase tickets in 4 minutes.

I do wonder how many people saw their place in line and immediately bailed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

So theoretically with the ticket demand being as heavy as it is, they could have ran Soldier Field.

At the very least they could book a Chicago venue that's actually, you know, in Chicago.

I know this wasn't technically part of the post but the Packers/Bears open the NFL season on Thursday 9/5

So they couldn't run Soldier Field

(Ignoring the bloodbath they would take running a football stadium for their third show)

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

At the very least they could book a Chicago venue that's actually, you know, in Chicago.

I get why they chose the Sears Center for All In, but after running it the first time and having so much success there, it would be weird to not run it back one more/last time.

Next time they run Chicago, they need to book the Allstate Arena.