DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I could see Gresham sticking with ROH in order to work New Japan more regularly. Supposedly, New Japan is real high on him after the BOSJ. I have to think he'd be involved in the Jr. Tag League.

Moxley was the big "holy shit" addition ala Luger showing up on Nitro. There's a lot talent that would be solid additions that we expect to show up, like the Good Brothers and Brodie Lee when his extra time for injuries is up.

I wonder when PCO and Brody King's ROH contracts are up. If they only signed one year deals, I'd wait until Marty, Brody, and PCO are all free, then bring Villain Enterprises in together. 

If that's the case why not just sign with NJPW directly and work ROH as a side gig.   Got more freedom under a NJPW contract.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Honey Bunches of Oats and its many varieties. I love when they're like $1.99 a box. I'll stock up and my cabinet ends up looking like Jerry's on Seinfeld. I guess that's not surprising, though. 

I can always tell when there has been a sale on them because my mom will stop by and bring me like 10 boxes. I'm not sure where she got the idea that I like that specific cereal (I'm a Raisin Bran, Life or Crispix guy typically) but since that's generally our only positive interaction these days, I don't have the heart to tell her I never eat them. Last year I was living in a 3/4 house/sober living community and would leave them in the community room along with some other groceries for guys who were struggling. Since I've moved, I usually just stock up and go to one of the homeless shelters or soup kitchens in town and drop them off along with anything from work that I can donate. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gorman said:

The only person who would pop a Luger 95 reaction on the AEW TV debut is CM Punk.

Shit, almost forgot about that. A month ago I thought Punk might’ve had the itch to return, but it looks like UFC is getting him ready for a permanent color man spot on their shows. 

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

They were boring in NJPW and they're a non-entity in WWE. Hard pass.

They had the best wrestling podcast of all time.  I don't care where they go as long as that comes back.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, alstein said:

If that's the case why not just sign with NJPW directly and work ROH as a side gig.   Got more freedom under a NJPW contract.

NJPW was hot for Cobb as well. That resulted in two WTL runs with Elgin and three NEVER titles matches over ~2.5 years. So NJPW being hot for Gresham probably means that they wouldn't mind to use him for BotSJ again and maybe they'd use him for Jr. tag league. Since Juniors don't have secondary singles title then he probably isn't going to get any title shots, best case scenario he might challenge for Jr. tag titles. In other words Gresham isn't going to sign with NJPW probably because NJPW is not interested in signing him, but will use him on some tours if he sticks with RoH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorman said:

The only person who would pop a Luger 95 reaction on the AEW TV debut is CM Punk.

What if it was Braun Strowman? Yeah, he'll probably never leave WWE, or at least not without everyone knowing. But if he secretly switched teams? That'd be some shit.

8 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I can always tell when there has been a sale on them because my mom will stop by and bring me like 10 boxes. I'm not sure where she got the idea that I like that specific cereal (I'm a Raisin Bran, Life or Crispix guy typically) but since that's generally our only positive interaction these days, I don't have the heart to tell her I never eat them. Last year I was living in a 3/4 house/sober living community and would leave them in the community room along with some other groceries for guys who were struggling. Since I've moved, I usually just stock up and go to one of the homeless shelters or soup kitchens in town and drop them off along with anything from work that I can donate. 

You're a good man. I wish you nothing but the best in your sobriety, and life in general.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be surprised then if PCO and Brody don't end up in AEW. 

If you get PCO, Jericho, Daniels and Kazarian in the same stable, that's a century of combined experience. Not sure what happens to Scorpio Sky there though.

5 hours ago, Gorman said:

It’s going to be very hard for anyone to match the surprise of Luger (or Rude) showing up, because I don’t think WWE is going to let anyone get to the point where they’re still on TV with an expiring deal. Instead, they’re trying to get people to renew well in advance, and if they don’t, I think you’ll see them announce that people haven’t resigned, a la Ambrose, except it will be people like Harper who they keep off TV instead of giving them a farewell tour.

I think you’re much more likely to get a big surprise from someone going from AEW to WWE instead, but even that’s a long way off.

Extremely well produced video this week, the highlight being Joey Janela’s old school promo complete with props to get a point across. Made me like Janela for the first time. Same with Darby Allin’s piece. Had no idea about him being a skateboarder who filmed himself to get noticed by MTV, and Tony Hawk. Most interesting thing about this video is the fact that there wasn’t much swearing. Which means these look like tests for how they’ll do promos on TNT.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Extremely well produced video this week, the highlight being Joey Janela’s old school promo complete with props to get a point across. Most interesting thing about this video is the fact that there wasn’t much swearing. Which means these look like tests for how they’ll do promos on TNT.

There's a "shit" and a "badass motherfucker" said in the video. I'd say that crosses past "much swearing."

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There's a "shit" and a "badass motherfucker" said in the video. I'd say that crosses past "much swearing."

Damn I didn’t notice “shit”. “Badass” is borderline though. I mean “shit” is too for a cable network. Too much swearing these days are f-bombs, and gratuitous hateful words.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Shawn Spears has officially signed (well I guess they officially announced it)

I mean that is one of the more obvious ones but now it is official

Nyla Rose vs. Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki has been added to Fyter Fest

It might have been in that video but I dont have time right now to piece it together

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nyla Rose vs. Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki has been added to Fyter Fest

It might have been in that video but I dont have time right now to piece it together

This is a great matchup and might be a better showcase for Nyla compared to DoN.  And I'm very okay with Shawn being officially signed even if it was blatantly obvious.