DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Eh, that's ok. If you have to get a ticket to Starrcast to also get a ticket to the show, then I'm not spending that much money. This year has been expensive enough already. If you can just get a ticket to All Out though, without all the other stuff, then yeah, please send me a PM if you could. Thanks!

If i see anything like that I sure will.

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Fyter Fest is free on Bleacher Report Live.

EDIT: AEW has also hired former WWE Senior Director of Live Event Marketing, Rafael Morfii.

You have to actually subscribe to BRLive, however.

8 minutes ago, Ace said:

You have to actually subscribe to BRLive, however.

I thought this was cleared up because you can't actually subscribe to B/R Live. You subscribe and pay for different things on there. For this though, it would be completely free.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I thought this was cleared up because you can't actually subscribe to B/R Live. You subscribe and pay for different things on there. For this though, it would be completely free.

Yeah, you can just create a free account, with no charge.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Meltzer is confused, because some things on there have pay subscriptions for the leagues (or whatever), whereas with AEW you just have to buy the events because they don't have a subscription package yet.

To be fair (dammit, I blame Letterkenny for me overusing that), B/R Live is such a clusterfuck of a service that I would totally understand being confused by what you have to pay for and what you don't have to pay for.

I really hope that I don't run into the same issues with the live feed of Fyter Fest like I did with DoN. That really sucked to not be able to pause or rewind the stream on B/R Live. Of course, that's just an issue with the app on Roku devices and only for the live feed. I didn't have any problems using my phone.

• Like 1

No announcement of where it's airing in the UK. Presumably on ITV4 like the Buy-In was, but not announced.

See how the first Nitro had Lex Luger debuting? Who do you reckon is going to be in that spot, come Sep/Oct? Would people be disappointed if it was just Marty Scurll?

1 minute ago, AxB said:

See how the first Nitro had Lex Luger debuting? Who do you reckon is going to be in that spot, come Sep/Oct? Would people be disappointed if it was just Marty Scurll?

Moxley very much feels that way already. Only thing I think could be intriguing would be PAC. Some websites are reporting that Visa issues might indeed been the problem that caused the pull out at Double Or Nothing. The fact that they got him on the roster page seems promising. But another actual jump from a major promotion doesn’t seem possible right now.

Seems like the only guy wrestling without a contract rn is Jonathan Gresham, he would be a great addition to the AEW as the veteran technician but he’s like a Dean Malenko 95 pick up not a Luger 95 pick up. 

They don't need a Lex Luger type of debut for the first show because they already had Moxley debut. They do need something big for the first show though. Something to get people talking about the first show to bring even more folks in for the following week. Arguably, that second show will be more important to get the new viewers to stick around.

I just have no idea what that thing needs to be. It's easy to do a show like DoN and make it awesome. Harder to do that week to week and I'm not even sure what's good anymore for national TV since I haven't watched good weekly wrestling in years.

Gallows and Anderson are free later this year, but again they are not going to make people go BANANA like a Moxley.

Between this alleged PAC situation and the OWE crew, the American visa mess could hurt some of the things that make AEW unique.

*puts on tinfoil hat* or is Linda calling in favours to deny visas to all of WWE’s competitors?!  (Being very sarcastic by the way, you can’t be too explicit these days with everyone frothing at the mouth on both sides)

Also, thinking about it, the tag division is pretty fleshed out already, the Club may do better going back to Japan considering the lack lustre state of NJPW tag division.

Edited by Custos

26 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Seems like the only guy wrestling without a contract rn is Jonathan Gresham, he would be a great addition to the AEW as the veteran technician but he’s like a Dean Malenko 95 pick up not a Luger 95 pick up. 

I could see Gresham sticking with ROH in order to work New Japan more regularly. Supposedly, New Japan is real high on him after the BOSJ. I have to think he'd be involved in the Jr. Tag League.

Moxley was the big "holy shit" addition ala Luger showing up on Nitro. There's a lot talent that would be solid additions that we expect to show up, like the Good Brothers and Brodie Lee when his extra time for injuries is up.

I wonder when PCO and Brody King's ROH contracts are up. If they only signed one year deals, I'd wait until Marty, Brody, and PCO are all free, then bring Villain Enterprises in together. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I could see Gresham sticking with ROH in order to work New Japan more regularly. Supposedly, New Japan is real high on him after the BOSJ. I have to think he'd be involved in the Jr. Tag League.

I think Moxley was the big "holy shit" addition ala Luger showing up on Nitro. There's a lot talent that would be solid additions that we expect to show up, like the Good Brothers and Brodie Lee when his extra time for injuries is up.

I wonder when PCO and Brodie King's ROH contracts are up. If they only signed one year deals, I'd wait until Marty, Brody, and PCO are all free, then bring Villain Enterprises in together. 

My fantasy booking idea on Villain Enterprises and granted I’m not watching ROH television but they’ve been teasing a 4th member that at Best in the World (the same weekend as Fyter Fest) VE loose the 6 Mans to whoever cuz Marty gets cocky and tries to force a finish and gets pinned. The next night at the TV Tapings NWA Champion Nick Aldis is introduced as the 4th member of VE but then HEEL TURN Aldis brings up Marty’s recent slump since the MSG show and he gets kicked out of the group Brody and PCO beat the fuck outta Marty as Aldis directs traffic becoming the new leader of VE. Marty gets carted off on a stretcher. That’s the last of him in ROH. The NWA Champion and NWA Tag Team Champions dominate ROH until Final Battle when who ever they’ve built up from the ROH roster to dethrone VE of the NWA Championships. They’res time if you start at the Philly TV Tapings to unite Silas Young Beer City and Molina’s as a trio, turn them face make them credible contenders and at Final Battle Silas goes over Aldis and City/Brian go over PCO/King. That’s the end of PCO and Brody King in ROH. Then after the rematch between Silas Young and Aldis. Aldis goes on to have a midcard heel run as TV Champion for a couple months then phase him out.

On the AEW side of my pot influenced fantasy booking. Marty Scrull debuts at ALL OUT as a surprise run in making the save for one of his Elite brethren. For my booking to work I have to set up some hypotheticals. If AEW is going to do 4 quarterly big shows a year then going with May and August then November and February I’ll be the other two “Big 4”. And also All Elite will have had set up a Secondary Mid Card Championship by the February show. I think it’s a wise idea give the mid card a primary objective. MJF would be my first mid card champion. I’d also book Marty since the first episode of TV as the babyface underdog with a lot of heart abs determination that can’t seem to ever win the big one. Maybe he looses the tournament final to MJF in November and had to work his way back to title contention as MJF would have been running from him. So during the match MJF looks to have one the match by chicken shit tactics maybe an “accidental” ref bump by Marty then lights go out lights go back on  PCO Brody King in the ring MJF Ric Flair beg off spot MJF eats a Tag Team finish  King PCO leave ring Marty covers MJF Ref wakes up Marty wins the championship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder when PCO and Brody King's ROH contracts are up. If they only signed one year deals, I'd wait until Marty, Brody, and PCO are all free, then bring Villain Enterprises in together. 

All those ROH signings were one year deals (Cobb, Bandido, rush, pco, Brody king). Those were all done before January 1 so all those guys will be free agents at the perfect time for them. Scurll is sometime in September or October, he’ll be the big tv debut, although obviously wwe will be throwing tons of cash his way as well. Those guys are in real good positions. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matt925 said:

All those ROH signings were one year deals (Cobb, Bandido, rush, pco, Brody king). Those were all done before January 1 so all those guys will be free agents at the perfect time for them. Scurll is sometime in September or October, he’ll be the big tv debut, although obviously wwe will be throwing tons of cash his way as well. Those guys are in real good positions. 

I'd be surprised then if PCO and Brody don't end up in AEW. It was Marty that pushed to get PCO in ROH as a way of re-paying PCO for being the only veteran who didn't treat him and Nick Aldis like shit when they were just starting out.

It's also no big secret Marty and Brody are friends outside of the ring. I don't see a lot of good coming from Bully Ray's vision of ROH. If I were them and could get out in the not too distant future, I would.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Is there any possibility that the opening match of the first AEW show could be Jushin Liger vs Brian Pillman Jr?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Is there any possibility that the opening match of the first AEW show could be Jushin Liger vs Brian Pillman Jr?

I believe Pillman is signed with MLW. I think his appearance in the DoN battle royal was a one-off.

3 hours ago, Custos said:

Gallows and Anderson are free later this year, but again they are not going to make people go BANANA like a Moxley.

Hard to imagine those two eliciting anything more than a yawn, honestly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Hard to imagine those two eliciting anything more than a yawn, honestly.

They're former Bullet Club members that may end up in the company partially run by former Bullet Club members, whose fanbase was or still are Bullet Club fans, I think they'll elict more than a yawn.