DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

AEW could put out a retro Saturday Night Slam Masters type game on steam and make a fortune. It could have fun graphics like Omega growing a wing to hit One Winged Angel or CIMA's Meteora could transform him into an actual meteor. I know I just suggested it but I'd buy it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

AEW could put out a retro Saturday Night Slam Masters type game on steam and make a fortune. It could have fun graphics like Omega growing a wing to hit One Winged Angel or CIMA's Meteora could transform him into an actual meteor. I know I just suggested it but I'd buy it.

I thought something like that might be cool too, but wasn't sure if it was too close to that Chikara one that was in development. Not sure if it ever came out but it was a super basic look. I do recall flaming tables in the trailer which are, uh, not really congruous with their product but ok man

So many Revenge memories...Dr. Frank became Deadberg and feuded with Goldberg.

One of the most epic matches ever was Finley vs. Goldberg. Fit caught Goldberg into a guillotine choke when Goldberg went for the spear. Finley was a made man in our eyes from that day forward...leading to...

Fit Finley led the Fit World Order...every member put on his cloverleaf singlet.

Good Times.

Edited by The Great ML
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

New episode of Being the Elite

I love the pairing of Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. The Super Smash Bros. get their new name.

I guess with no secondary singles belts they’ll be putting a lot of the midcard into the tag division. Bout time a company figured that out again.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Fyter Fest is free on Bleacher Report Live.

EDIT: AEW has also hired former WWE Senior Director of Live Event Marketing, Rafael Morfii.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

I was thinking about this the other day, All Elite has about 8 Tag teams that we now of in Lucha/Jungle, Kaz and Daniels, Evans and Angelico, Best Friends, The Dark Order, Lucha Bros, Cody/Dustin and the Young Bucks. 

Thats 8 teams and on paper would make for an interesting Tag Title tournament. 

This week’s cold open with Jungle on Lucha’s shoulder grocery shopping was hilarious. 

The storyline of this show with Nick booking Page against the wrong guy do to the call dropping was funny as well. 

What I picked up on in those segment was Page watching Jericho matches (my fav was Jericho vs Hennig from Nitro) presumably scouting for ALL OUT. With Cody watch Darby Allin matches on Road to Fyter and now Page I really like that guys in All Elite prepare for their opponents by watching tape.

I liked The Dark Order’s promo I liked the black and white. The dudes rubbing on Evil Uno’s legs had me wondering if they are doing a S&M gimmick or not AEW is a progressive company after all.

watching these Being The Elites I curious how they translate this to TV. Do they inter-splice BTE type segments in between live matches? And would that work?

Also Cody’s ticket PSA with the footage of Black Friday nonsense, Cody playing it totally straight being oblivious to the fact the supply is considerably less then the demand when it comes to tickets available  and Brandi yelling at him was goofy as hell Cody is a gaint ham. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Jungle Boy had my support....until he grabbed a box of Honey Bunches of Oats.

I like Honey Bunches of Oats and its many varieties. I love when they're like $1.99 a box. I'll stock up and my cabinet ends up looking like Jerry's on Seinfeld. I guess that's not surprising, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Jungle Boy had my support....until he grabbed a box of Honey Bunches of Oats.

My man, they got like 30% more almonds now. Says right on the box.

Respect the hell out of Uno and Stu as workers but DAMN man. Everything they're doing looks indy as hell. Moreso than the rest of anything else AEW is doing. I don't know if they're going to be able to work in their current form without AEW's brand image taking a hit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

My man, they got like 30% more almonds now. Says right on the box.

Respect the hell out of Uno and Stu as workers but DAMN man. Everything they're doing looks indy as hell. Moreso than the rest of anything else AEW is doing. I don't know if they're going to be able to work in their current form without AEW's brand image taking a hit. 

I had a similar reaction and I'm a fan of their's. Dark Order is a good name but Evil Uno and Stu Grayson don't exactly sound threatening and that promo was indy-riffic. I like the gimmick though, the throne of minions is cool, maybe they can get it there in the coming months. I genuinely want those guys to catch a break.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Web Conn said:

watching these Being The Elites I curious how they translate this to TV. Do they inter-splice BTE type segments in between live matches? And would that work?

I highly doubt this lives on once the weekly show starts.  They're already slowing it down on the angles and instead focusing more on mailbags and ads.  Even one of the Bucks admitted as such when answering mailbag.  It's a shame as I loved BTE but if they can somehow get that same spirit into the weekly shows then I think they'll be just fine.

I'm also laughing at not just the Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus bit but also the idea of them doing this in a market that surely had others shopping nearby.  Could only imagine people's reactions to this as it was going on.

• Like 1

I'm happy Fyter Fest will be free. I wonder what type of production value it's going to have. I guess I'm just expecting something very bare bones, probably less than what we get on MLW on YouTube.

Either that, or it's a good opportunity for a test run for how the weekly tv production will work. Kinda like an alpha or beta build.

Did anybody just get an email from Starrcast saying they have All Out tickets available tomorrow night?  You can get reserved lower level seats as part of a Starrcast bracelet and VIP bracelets to the after party.  I'm paging @Craig H because I know he's nearby but if anybody's thinking to go it might be worth checking your emails.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Did anybody just get an email from Starrcast saying they have All Out tickets available tomorrow night?  You can get reserved lower level seats as part of a Starrcast bracelet and VIP bracelets to the after party.  I'm paging @Craig H because I know he's nearby but if anybody's thinking to go it might be worth checking your emails.

I didn't get an email, but then again, I didn't make it to Starrcast when it was in Chicago. I had my daughter that weekend and it was too expensive. I'm just holding out hope to get tickets on Friday.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I didn't get an email, but then again, I didn't make it to Starrcast when it was in Chicago. I had my daughter that weekend and it was too expensive. I'm just holding out hope to get tickets on Friday.

I'm honestly not even sure why I got it considering I didn't go to it.  I did get All In on Fite but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to get emails from them.  If you're interested I can forward it to you via PM.

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm honestly not even sure why I got it considering I didn't go to it.  I did get All In on Fite but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to get emails from them.  If you're interested I can forward it to you via PM.

Eh, that's ok. If you have to get a ticket to Starrcast to also get a ticket to the show, then I'm not spending that much money. This year has been expensive enough already. If you can just get a ticket to All Out though, without all the other stuff, then yeah, please send me a PM if you could. Thanks!