DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Monsters will always be necessary for underdogs to overcome. 

That's why they signed Awesome Kong and Nyla Rose. So they'd have monsters. As far as the men's division, if Luchasaurus starts as a tag team guy with Jungle Boy, then turns heel on him, he could be a monster heel for a bit. Terrorise the midcard, challenge the top guys, terrorise the midcard some more.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

All of this.

I basically want to see what happens when you take Jungle Boy and put him up against Dain or Harper.

Literally the same thing we’ve seen for the past however many decades when you get an undersized wrestler going against the “monster”.

I love re-runs too but I don’t think it’s necessary anymore.

Apparently the video has a hidden Easter egg. During the scouting scene in Cody’s war room, you can see a name on the dry eraser board. The name is “Wardlow”. That’s the name of this big mother fucker...

tqnPbxVg_400x400.jpg

Wardlow’s retweeted the video. So where there’s smoke...

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Before I start talking about Wardlow I just wanna say that Moxley’s promo was fucking aces. They unleashed the beast and we are all better for it. No way him and Janela don’t go on last.

I didn’t watch Road to DON after watching this I wish I would have. Very simple way to build to shit. Cody was just watching Darby Allin matches scouting as QT Marshal was seating there eating an apple. I almost want to see QT start accompanying Cody to the ring in track suits and become the Curt to Cody’s Ric.

Point I’m trying to make is Cody scouting tape, bringing up how daunting of a task it is to prepare for an opponent as unpredictable as Darby Allin is whilst two weeks later he’s teaming with his brother against two of his best friends. Darby didn’t say a single word actually Darby wasn’t even featured besides match footage and already you know what you need to know.

I hope they build Darby Allin as the new age Cactus Jack. They are different in slot of ways but there are parallels between the two.

• Like 1

So the Fyter Fest card is Janela vs Moxley, Cody vs Allin, Bucks & Omega vs Penta, Fenix & TBD, and... nothing else so far? Who's Hangman got?

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Apparently the video has a hidden Easter egg. During the scouting scene in Cody’s war room, you can see a name on the dry eraser board. The name is “Wardlow”. That’s the name of this big mother fucker...

tqnPbxVg_400x400.jpg

Wardlow’s retweeted the video. So where there’s smoke...

He looks like hoss Ethan Page.

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's kind of an odd hashtag.

Brandi is their #WCW. Am I missing something?

The hashtag on Twitter stands for "Woman Crush Wednesday" but most likely whoever TNT's social media manager is thought that would be another cute shout out to the "remember WCW Monday Nitro on TNT" crowd.

EDIT: looks like me and Beech popped in around the same time. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why having a big guy on the roster is a any more stale a story than having a smaller indy guy vs. another smaller indy guy.

AEW isn't actually doing anything new with the roster, and the matches aren't that different than what we've seen over the last 20-30 years. It's mostly presentation, intention, personality. That's how they're taking all the same shit we've seen a billion times and making it feel fun again. 

So yeah, I want a company that's having fun to also take something else I enjoy, big badass lookin dudes being awesome, and make that fun again too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

"A lot of people might have misinterpreted the throne element of Double Or Nothing." Read: The majority wasn't pointing and laughing, but enough people were for Cody to notice. 

Good promo from Mox. Filming it in portrait is a great heel move. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched a couple Wardlow matches on Youtube. It looks like he wrestles for IWC out in Pittsburgh regularly. He's good, reminds me of Brain Cage in the sense that he's a bigger dude that can get on that tope rope and just go to town. He also has some martial arts style kicks too. He looks like a non chemically enhanced Brain Cage. I can't remember if the original Wardlow post was making a case for him to be the Mystery partner or not but if they can't get a Luke Harper or a Lio Rush or whoever else wants out of the WWE then they should probably debut a relative unknown that could have a good showing being across the ring from Kenny Omega and the Bucks. 

• Like 1