DVDVR Message Board

Requiem for Wiggles and Walter - SDL - 5/28/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Owens/Kofi was good.

I dug the backstage segments for the women. Hopefully they do something with Ember soon.

Bayley/Lacey was solid though I'm a bit disappointed the little friendship between Charlotte and Lacey is already over.

I hope they actually give Bryan and Rowan a decently lengthy reign along with hemp versions of the tags belts.

I fast forwarded through the Shane stuff until I saw Truth interrupt. I enjoyed that. truth as 2x champ already is nice.

38 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Shoot comments that blah blah blah... 

Also, I can only hope that Lacey turning on Charlotte is the beginning of the end for Lacey's main event push. 

All hail the Ecolytes!

Always Protecting (the) Atmosphere

Edited by nate
  • Like 4

The constant Shane McMahon is still very irksome, but I thought they did a good job with their Roman booking tonight (including him selflessly helping R-Truth get his 24/7 Title back), and got some strong crowd reactions as a result. There's nothing wrong with going basic sometimes, especially when the storytelling is in a lull due to the impending Saudi show.

Who in the clothing department thought Charlotte wearing one of Debra's old power suits was a good idea? I kinda like the idea of Lacey vs. Charlotte. Lacey will get such a huge pop when she clocks her with the Woman's Right.

I think Lacey has shown there is something to work with but really feels like she needs more nxt time.  It just feels like she is there based on look that Vince and Dunn like and they hope she figures it out (If they care at all).

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

I think Lacey has shown there is something to work with but really feels like she needs more nxt time.  It just feels like she is there based on look that Vince and Dunn like and they hope she figures it out (If they care at all).

Lacey was moved up because there wasn't much for her in NXT to do with Shayna and co. still around. She is getting a push on the main roster because she is a fresh face they haven't screwed up yet. More time in NXT would have helped her, but she isn't nearly behind as some of the past women they have moved up too early have been.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Also, putting 'Walter' in the thread title is really cruel on those of us who see said title before watching the show.

If I'm Walter, I'm begging HHH to stay in Europe.

• Like 1

I'm surprised Kofi has stayed as over as he has since winning the title. I thought the upsurge in fan support would die down once he actually achieved the goal, but the crowds absolutely love him.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think that was the main reason he signed was so he can have a contract to stay in Europe.  They would have to amend it with more money but even then he's not touching down in US save for the odd Takeover show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, pretty much. It's one of the few main roster debuts they could do that would genuinely have me marking out though. Before they ruined it. 

Edited by Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Like 1