DVDVR Message Board

"I HAVE A YEAR?!?" - Raw - 5/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Checked out some clips on YT so I didn’t hear the AEW reference. I assume it wasn’t a “Good luck to them” message. Other thoughts:

That first hour sounds abominable. I admit I was curious if there would be something flashy in reaction to DoN and as goofy as BoomBrock Lesnar is I’m not sure it’s the solution.

Ricochet/Cesaro looked rad so I found the full match and was not disappointed. Bummed Cesaro is still floundering though. Him and Joe seem relegated to gatekeepers which is fine (and an integral part of the card), I just hope for more.

I’m already tired of Bray again.

LOL Corbin. I guess if he’s going to get a title match it may as well be on a throw away show.

I kid you not, the first hour made me think of when Nitro was 3 hours and Eric tried turning the first hour into a talk show. That's what the first hour+ of Raw was like.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

The thing that really annoyed me last night was the stupid thing they do now with having people enter the ring and then they show a video. Last night they had Shane and Drew go out and then the spent five minutes on a Triple H/Randy video only for them to go to commercial after it was over. By my count, Shane and Drew were in the ring for like six minutes just doing nothing. What is the point of that?

From the state of him, Shane probably needs that time to recover sufficiently from the walk to the ring.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I kid you not, the first hour made me think of when Nitro was 3 hours and Eric tried turning the first hour into a talk show. That's what the first hour+ of Raw was like.

Thanks for the reminder that my Nitro binge is going to get very bad much sooner than I’d like.

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Thanks for the reminder that my Nitro binge is going to get very bad much sooner than I’d like.

Hey, I forgot all about that era of Nitro until Raw. At least that era only lasted a few weeks I think.