DVDVR Message Board

"I HAVE A YEAR?!?" - Raw - 5/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Overall thoughts, I hated this show outside of Brock goofing around, Cesaro vs Ricochet, and Seth vs Sami. And even then, Cesaro vs Ricochet doesn't matter and there was no way Sami was winning so there wasn't a whole lot of reason to give a shit. Plus you have Seth selling the leg again and as much as I like Seth, that shit needs to stop unless he was really hurt.

The rest of this was just everything I hate about Raw. I mean, the show started with 45 minutes of promos for fucks sake. 45 fucking minutes until there was a match. This shit just isn't engaging or interesting.

It's just weird and maybe I'm just spoiled by the show on Saturday, but AEW delivers one of the best wrestling shows in awhile, just a super fun show, and then you get to Monday and you're greeted with the same old shit. It's frustrating to see how stale this product is and when faced with growing complaints about it, Vince or whoever chooses to double down and give us more promos, more Shane, more of the same in general. I just want this show to be better, but more and more it's feeling like a strained relationship where even if things improve, the damage is already done.

16 minutes ago, just drew said:

Fwiw, I’ve seen boomboxes carries that way, too. With the speaker out.

I’ve seen that, but they tend to hold it away from their ears while on their shoulders.

I have a feeling they just wanted the crowd to see the boom-box, so they told him to hold it backwards. 

Next boom-box should be shaped like a Ka-Boom-Box.

Also, I’m severally disappointed nobody is calling this a Ghetto Blaster.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Pete said:

So is Lance still with MLW? Because that's gonna get awkward.

He was part of the most recent PC tryout camp so I am thinking he is all but signed by WWE

i thought you carried the boom box that way because you actually want people to hear this great music.  if it is pressed up to your ears it is muffled 

Functional Money in the Bank Bluetooth Boom Box Briefcases coming to WWEShop soon let’s hope

I believe WWE used to have a little radios at live shows where you could listen to commentary.  You know when people actually wanted to listen to that crap unlike now.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Brock realizing he had a year to cash in was wonderful.

My takeaway from the Brock segments is that if Brock doesn't watch the shows enough to learn the rules of a gimmick match they've been doing regularly for almost 15 years, there's no reason I have to watch the shows.

Beck needs to drop the pumphandle urange.  Not sure which was worse: the awkward execution, or Cole naming the move the "MANhandle Slam". Ugh.

The third hour is going to be even more skippable if it's mostly 24/7 title comedy.  The Truth stuff has to end with Carmella pinning him for the title, right? 

Amused at the Concern Rubes losing their minds over SAMI GETTING FIRED BY WWE!!! since he name-checked AEW, like a bunch of grade schoolers yelling "OOOOOOOOOOH!" at the kid who just screwed something up. AEW is officially the elephant in the room... they can pretend it isn't there, or they can pull a George Lazenby, acknowledge it and move on.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

So is Lance still with MLW? Because that's gonna get awkward.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He was part of the most recent PC tryout camp so I am thinking he is all but signed by WWE

Lance's final MLW appearance needs to be a beating from Jacob Fatu and a Josef Samael fireball.

7 hours ago, just drew said:

I just don’t believe a word Seth Rollins says. Maybe it’s the writing. I dunno. He just doesn’t come off as a credible “tough guy” to me. His promos are just dreadful. Awful. And that’s the guy they chose to build Raw around? 

Listening to Kofi and Seth on their promos, the differences are stark. Kofi is fearless and determined to be his best. He feels strong and his booking reflects that. Seth seems whiny and paranoid. It doesn't help that Brock no-sold Seth's "This is my life" bit and walked off. Rollins has had a sincerity issue since his face turn.

• Like 1

Seth's the guy everyone wants until he's there and then they remember why didn't like him the first time.  If only this was predictable in some way.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It doesn't help that Brock no-sold Seth's "This is my life" bit and walked off. Rollins has had a sincerity issue since his face turn.

THIS. I try not to go into "old school wrestling analogy" mode too much, but I am absolutely stunned that folks on the writing staff - or Seth himself - didnt point out how much of a bitch their face champion looked by just standing there looking mopey as Brock just walked away. Austin, Rock, Savage, Dusty...all of those guys would have said "you may be walking away from a match but you aren't getting away without a fight" and charged at Brock as he was walking up the ramp. 

At least Kofi got to look like he was ready to take his beating and German duplexes like a man. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 2

Dork Angle was always my favourite version of Kurt Angle. Boombox Brock has brought the laughs. Both work for the comedy and both are bad assess especially Lesnar.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

My takeaway from the Brock segments is that if Brock doesn't watch the shows enough to learn the rules of a gimmick match they've been doing regularly for almost 15 years, there's no reason I have to watch the shows.

Beck needs to drop the pumphandle urange.  Not sure which was worse: the awkward execution, or Cole naming the move the "MANhandle Slam". Ugh.

I'm not sure why you would take inspiration from a known asshole who gives no fucks about anything but himself.

Last night was the worst version of that move Becky has done. Otherwise it generally looks ok.

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Dork Angle was always my favourite version of Kurt Angle. Boombox Brock has brought the laughs. Both work for the comedy and both are bad assess especially Lesnar.

Boombox Brock works because even though he looks completely ridiculous, he can completely snap and beat the fuck out of anything that moves. If you were that much of a monster, you can get away with being completely ridiculous.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Boombox Brock works because even though he looks completely ridiculous, he can completely snap and beat the fuck out of anything that moves. If you were that much of a monster, you can get away with being completely ridiculous.  

Well said.

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Sure, but YOU tell him he looks ridiculous.

• Haha 1