DVDVR Message Board

"I HAVE A YEAR?!?" - Raw - 5/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, RIShane said:

It was nice to see the crowd happy for the Becky hot tag, but I think she’s really been struggling with this different ‘athletic’ moveset she’s been doing post-Mania, from her perpetually awkward top-rope clothesline/dropkick to the weakly executed ‘ManHandle Slam’ tonight.  It’s not playing to her strengths.

None of those are different from he normal moveset. She hasn't actually changed her moveset at all. Becky just brawls more than she used to. She has always sucked at diving moves outside of her leg drop.

I don't care how much it will cost. They have to get Brock to be on this show every week. He was the only redeeming part of it.  Brock paintbrushing Paul and being all "WHAT THE FUCK AM I PAYING YOU FOR" great.

But you know, having a show that was the complete opposite of what AEW did on Saturday Night is a total Vince move. I can see him being all "I STILL DON'T CARE WHAT THESE PEOPLE WANT. THEY'LL TAKE WHAT I GIVE THEM AND LIKE IT" and thus we got an hour with nothing and the first match was a Shane squash.

The electric chair could have been fun if it was thought out a bit more. Maybe get the same sparking one that PCO used at MSG or something. I did laugh when the girl wanted to ask a follow up and whoever had the mic held onto it for dear life.

• Like 4

Yeah I think the Sami deal was definitely in the script the promo was leading to that very moment and if he had said it on his own they are on delay so Dunn could have cut it. I agree that it was a "We don't care" but by mentioning them it shows quite the opposite that they do care and probably weren't thrilled with talent tweeting about the show. 

I don't think Vince is worried and they didn't seem to make any drastic changes this week to the booking plans. However,  like I was saying earlier I think they believe by mentioning it that maybe it will quiet down the "AEW" chants like they tried to do with the Punk chants.  

The best thing WWE can do is always put on a good show..   if you are putting on a good show then I don't think the chants start up. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I enjoyed Brock Party. 

B4m6Ihx.gif

Am I the only one that was mildly annoyed that he didn't put the side that looks like a boom box next to his head?

Just me? Okay, fine.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on them announcing AJ Styles as a participant in the 4-way and then also announcing said match would be an elimination match and neither happened I am gong to go out on a limb and say this will happen next..  

Dave: "Uhh haha yeah so what I heard is that this show was being rewritten as they were on the air.."  

Bryan: "you're kidding..

Firefly Funhouse is so fucking good.

Brock, for all the reasons people are sick of him, is amazing.

I fast forwarded everything that put Rollins, Ziggler or Corbin on my TV, so this was a real easy watch.

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Based on them announcing AJ Styles as a participant in the 4-way and then also announcing said match would be an elimination match and neither happened I am gong to go out on a limb and say this will happen next..  

Dave: "Uhh haha yeah so what I heard is that this show was being rewritten as they were on the air.."  

Bryan: "you're kidding..

They covered it in commentary by saying Braun and Lashley fighting their way out of the building and not returning to the ring effectively eliminated themselves from the match.

2 hours ago, RIShane said:

It was nice to see the crowd happy for the Becky hot tag, but I think she’s really been struggling with this different ‘athletic’ moveset she’s been doing post-Mania, from her perpetually awkward top-rope clothesline/dropkick to the weakly executed ‘ManHandle Slam’ tonight.  It’s not playing to her strengths.

Plus it’s frustrating seeing the women only getting one segment or match each Raw when they have so much time to waste on Shane McMahon and other filler. 

Yeah, she’s a good athlete, but for whatever reason she flies like a coke machine. Just looks awkward whenever she jumps from the corner...

I just don’t believe a word Seth Rollins says. Maybe it’s the writing. I dunno. He just doesn’t come off as a credible “tough guy” to me. His promos are just dreadful. Awful. And that’s the guy they chose to build Raw around? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I don't care how much it will cost. They have to get Brock to be on this show every week. He was the only redeeming part of it.  

Seriously, if they had four more Brock’s in all those Seth, Roman, and Baron segments, they wouldn’t have to worry about viewers tuning out. But then again, Brock is the one who does this shit himself, and Vince is like “Quick print shirts based on what Brock did”. The other guys completely stick to the script.

Best dude under contract to the WWE right now.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Am I the only one that was mildly annoyed that he didn't put the side that looks like a boom box next to his head?

Just me? Okay, fine.

Brock is protecting his hearing with the speakers out so he can hear when he is out in the woods looking for stuff to kill.

• Like 3