DVDVR Message Board

"I HAVE A YEAR?!?" - Raw - 5/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I knew there were gonna be a lot of gifs from this show and sure enough haha

- This is the first Raw I've watched since... maybe last Veteran's Day? It was... okay. 

- The women's match was real good. Iconics were actually good at cutting off the ring (this is my first time watching them aside from their incomprehensible backstage talking segments which really should be subtitled). Becky is OVER. 

-  Wonder if Sami got heat for bringing up AEW. The Rollins crack Re: Becky was funny. 

- Cesaro/Ricochet was baller. They seem to be working up a feud for them and it'll be great. 

- That was one hell of a long open. And the most shocking thing of the whole episode: Dolph did a great promo that didn't make me vomit on my keyboard!

Brock realizing he had a year to cash in was wonderful.

That Shane segment would have been better if the Usos, Naomi, and Tamina came down with Roman to beat Shane's ass. It kind of made them look bad to ignore a family member getting the shit kicked out of them.

I enjoy Truth constantly carrying Carmella as he runs away with the 24/7 Title.

The fatal 4-way was decent, bu the constant talk of elimination only for it to end with one fall was kind of stupid.

Women' stag match was solid.

Cesaro/Ricochet was good, loved the finish.

I kind fast forwarded or ignored most of the last half hour with Sami and Seth.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I knew there were gonna be a lot of gifs from this show and sure enough haha

- This is the first Raw I've watched since... maybe last Veteran's Day? It was... okay. 

- The women's match was real good. Iconics were actually good at cutting off the ring (this is my first time watching them aside from their incomprehensible backstage talking segments which really should be subtitled). Becky is OVER. 

-  Wonder if Sami got heat for bringing up AEW. The Rollins crack Re: Becky was funny. 

- Cesaro/Ricochet was baller. They seem to be working up a feud for them and it'll be great. 

- That was one hell of a long open. And the most shocking thing of the whole episode: Dolph did a great promo that didn't make me vomit on my keyboard!

I agree, that was the first time Dolph Ziggler cut a promo that I could actually say was good. The biggest shock of the night right there.

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Seems like this was done on purpose/scripted.  Pretty much WWE screaming "look at us, we don't care about them and we'll even mention them."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nate said:

I want a sign in the crowd next week: "WATCH THE PRODUCT BROCK"

Erm, actually:

WATCH THE POTATOES INSTEAD OF STUFFING BROCK

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

It was nice to see the crowd happy for the Becky hot tag, but I think she’s really been struggling with this different ‘athletic’ moveset she’s been doing post-Mania, from her perpetually awkward top-rope clothesline/dropkick to the weakly executed ‘ManHandle Slam’ tonight.  It’s not playing to her strengths.

Plus it’s frustrating seeing the women only getting one segment or match each Raw when they have so much time to waste on Shane McMahon and other filler.