DVDVR Message Board

WWE 24/7 Title

RIPPA

I have a feeling Truth will lose the title this week but end the TV shows still as Champ

It is also interesting when you look at the history of the Hardcore title - the percentage of title reigns that were less than a week

So put R-Truth in the Hall of Fame or something

The length of the title reigns is kind of weird because of how crazy they changed the title in the dying days of the belt.  In the first 6 months of the title a month long run wasn't that strange.  It looks like Road Dogg had it for 2 months one time.  Then near the end you would be lucky if you kept the title for 2 minutes.  I mean that Wrestlemania 2000 had at least a dozen title changes in one match

In terms of the 24/7 rule yeah R-Truth is probably a week away from the longest run with the title ?

Elias is your NEW ... and R-Truth is now a 2x 24/7* champ.

*Which works out to 6.8571428571.  He's the 6.8571428571 champion.

Edited by nate

On 5/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, RIPPA said:

I have a feeling Truth will lose the title this week but end the TV shows still as Champ

Another one for the file

20 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

A former world champ winning it really raises the prestige, it's like Cena with the US title right?

Hey, Truth is a two time former NWA World's Heavyweight Champion!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Jinder played the full gear challenge 

you can tell the level of humor in a wrestling fan by how much they are bitching that Jinder is somehow at a golf course in full gear.   Seriously it is a comedy title he should be in full gear.  The only thing that would have made it better is if he attacked him dressed like Bobby Jones from 1935. 

The best part is that it looks like at the end Carmella is literally dragging R-Truth on the golf cart as he is hanging on the back.  Love to see after the shot to see how long before she actually stops the golf cart

Edited by hammerva

18 hours ago, Gonzo said:

If WWE is going to do this 24/7 thing, this is exactly the kind of stuff they should be doing with it.

No one ended up in a water hazard.  I'm disappointed.  

BTW - that video has over 4.3 million views

24/7 FOR LIFE~!

For context - the only other videos over a million views this weekend where Cena/Taker from last year's Mania and this one

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

If Jinder was dressed like Rodney Dangerfield and the Singhs dressed as the Murray brothers from Caddyshack, all time great segment.

"But I want the 24/7 Title!"

"YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"

• Like 1

I wonder how much scope there is for WWE to use celebrities to win the 24/7 title?

I could totally see them doing a backstage bit with someone from Saturday Night Live or something where a cast member wins the title and then different wrestlers turn up in random skits to try and win it back.

How about when Hugh Jackman KO'd Ziggler? Then he could get the flash pin to become WWE 24/7 champion. Take the title on the red carpet and get jumped at the after party to lose it again.

Tell me that wouldn't get a heap of main stream press.

• Like 3