DVDVR Message Board

The 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Toronto

Dolfan in NYC

FiveThirtyEight notes that both Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol have previously been up 2-1 in playoff series against the Warriors, and both went on to lose them.  Might have something to do with it

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

FiveThirtyEight notes that both Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol have previously been up 2-1 in playoff series against the Warriors, and both went on to lose them.  Might have something to do with it

Stephen A Scott also brought up that stat today on his radio show.

Nick Nurse is going to have to coach his men from buzzer to buzzer and game to game if the wants his team to win and it sounds like he has them on point.  I like the fact that the Raptors were all business after the game.  Eyes on the mother fucking prize.  

Celebrate championships, not wins.

If the Dubs get desperate, they will probably melt down like they did against the Cavs but if they have hope and their shots start falling, it's going to be a long series for the Raptors. 

Draymond Green being relatively quiet is a good omen if you are a Raptor fan.  You don't want that dude feeling confident to the point where he starts talking mad shit all day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I think Kawhi sets the tone.  He never gets too up or down,  sometimes he looks like a robot that was built for playoff basketball.  That said,  we'll see what happens if the Warriors get some reinforcements.  I think the Raptors could possibly beat the Warriors if it's Klay coming back but if KD comes back it's a total mismatch.  They'd have to hope he's nowhere near 100%

There's no way KD comes back anywhere near 100%. If he was near 100%, he would be playing already.

So the guy who got tossed out after Kyle Lowry dove into the crowd, and decided to shove Lowry? He's a minority owner of the Warriors...

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

There's no way KD comes back anywhere near 100%. If he was near 100%, he would be playing already.

So the guy who got tossed out after Kyle Lowry dove into the crowd, and decided to shove Lowry? He's a minority owner of the Warriors...

My understanding is if you have north of an eight figure income and live anywhere north of Bakersfield, Golden State has all but given you a share of the team. (Which is how they got the new arena built.)  

Doesn't change the fact that you cannot, under any circumstances, get physically involved with the players.   Say what you will about Dr*ke, but at least he limits his nonsense to dressing up and jawing at the players.   

• Like 1

That was the kind of shooting night they needed out of Lowry & Green.  Really need those two to do it two more times.  After the way he's played in the series and how he handled that crap last night, all the "Lowry is a choker" bullshit can go die in an ass factory fire.

And the NBA has dropped the hammer on GSW owner Mark Stevens.  

Fined $500,000 and banned from all NBA games for 1 year.  

Don't fucking touch the players.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Doesn't change the fact that you cannot, under any circumstances, get physically involved with the players.   Say what you will about Dr*ke, but at least he limits his nonsense to dressing up and jawing at the players.   

Dr*ke is no more annoying at Raptors games than Spike Lee is at Knicks games.  All he's doing is talking shit and last time I heard, that a perfectly regular thing at sporting events.

• Like 2

that first half was trash, but man Kawhi in the third made it worth watching.

Surely KD doesn't put a cape on to save this, and just lets the ship sink.

So who is the NBA going to dig up to ref game 5 so the Warriors win? Where have you gone Tim Donaghy?

Durant isn't even healthy enough for a scrimmage with teammates. Unless he has all the good steroids, no way he can go in game 5.

Kawhi might not be human.  Another 36 points and 12 boards.  Post-game interview showed no emotion at all.  

Couple things I'm wondering.  How did a large group of Raptors fans get in Oracle?  I've never seen that in the finals before. Warriors fans should be ashamed. 

On to Kevin Durant..  what's the deal here?  A lot of people have said that the injury is worse than they were letting on but what the hell?  Is he just not going to play at all? 

On one hand, I'm rooting for Toronto.

On the other hand, the storylines if Golden State comes back from 3-1, either without Durant, redeeming the Cavs loss, or with him, proving how great he is.

Edited by Brian Fowler

Durant was supposed to try and scrimmage yesterday. Not healthy enough to even do that. If he can't scrimmage the team, no way can he play in a game.

I assume those Raptor fans got tickets off stubhub. It's going to happen these days.

Fuck yes. 

The only way tonight could've been better for this birthday boy was if the Raps didn't give away game 2 and I got a sweep for my birthday.

Watched the game in a private room at Pick 6ix (Drake/OVO establishment) tonight among good company and many cold beverages.

Super pumped for Monday. This city is ready to go banana.

• Like 4

I saw someone comparing this to '04 with the Pistons as a big underdog just wearing out a California dynasty, right down to "only avoided a sweep by some late game heroics in game 2"

Holy fuck, if the Raptors win the fucking championship at home aka the place where they got their first finals win, I will absolutely lose my shit.

I'm glad that it might not go seven because I can only eat so much free Taco Bell before it shreds my digestive tract.

17 hours ago, Dewar said:

I assume those Raptor fans got tickets off stubhub. It's going to happen these days.

A lot of the Canadians who used to be doing the tech work to make Blackberrys ended up in Silicon Valley.