DVDVR Message Board

The 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Toronto

Dolfan in NYC

Kawhi carried them to the finals, but it must be said: VanVleet was money this series and against the Bucks.  It has to one of the most dramatic turnarounds a player has had in a short amount of time.  Before his child was born during the Milwaukee series, he couldn't hit the side of a wall at the start of the playoffs.

Klay was on his game 6 warpath.  Tough to see him go down, and the Warriors injuries during this run finally caught them.  I'm not surprised by the outcome of the series since I thought that Raptors had the deeper team with their defense keeping them in every game. Even with Durant out, it still wasn't easy.  I thought the series was more entertaining than people were initially giving it credit for, but I think that has turned with the last two games.

I wonder if Draymond would have been suspended for game 7 with that last timeout technical? Just kidding...

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I just can't feel any sympathy for the Warriors for their injury luck when their entire dynasty is predicated on injury luck.  Chris Paul, Kawhi, Kyrie, etc. etc.  Fuck em.

I was saying the same thing Monday, but man, it really feels like five years worth of injury luck dropped on Golden State in about 8 games.

• Like 1

Also, we now have the definitive formula to beat Golden State.

1.) Have a two way God at forward

2.) Surround him with some shooting

3.) Make sure they don't have Kevin Durant for more than eleven minutes.

Helluva series but damn I'm glad Toronto won.  I don't hate GS but they had their time in the sun.  Pretty cool to see a new team at the top.  That and the whole Jurassic Park thing they've been doing is wicked cool.

Raptors were undefeated at Oracle this year.  Plus, the Warriors took two games in Canada.  I haven't looked it up, but this is the Finals with the most road wins?  Maybe.

The key to winning the NBA title next year?  Get Patrick McCaw on your team.  Three-peat NBA champ.

With Klay and Durant injuries, the West might be wide open next year.  NBA teams might be a bit more aggressive too after Kawhi win too.  Interesting stuff.

Edited by _MJ_

The Taco Bell Locos Taco I will eat thanks to the Raptors win on the road will be the best tasting one ever.

Canada can now celebrate a major sports championship that is not related to Hockey.

I imagine we Americans will avenge this insult by re-imposing those steel and aluminum tariffs any day now.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

2531352.png

This is Eric Moreland.   His salary this season was $17k and played 5 games.  

Thanks to Toronto's victory, he's about to get a 2029% bonus.   (All players on the winning roster earn a $345k bonus.)  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

It would be unusual to win a title and not stick around for more, right?

I know "unusual" is basically Kawhi's brand.  But like, you never heard Jordan complaining about Chicago winters.

If Kawhi leaves he leaves

• A championship team
  • A town that worships him
  • 40 million dollars in potential earnings ON TOP of the over 30 he lost just leaving San Antonio.

Just to live in LA?

That would be like a 7 on the "Dave Chappelle Just Gave All that Money back to Comedy Central and Flew to Africa, So You Do You Scale". 

• Like 3

I dunno man, I still think he is leaving. He has said himself he really doesn’t do it for the fans.  

He clearly cares more about winning than anything, and I think it’s pretty clear he can win wherever he goes.  Clippers with 2 max slots and the Warriors dynasty collapsed.  Good a chance to win there as anywhere.

As crazy as it is to think, with Klay and KD missing most of if not all of next year, Kawhi probably has a better chance at repeating in the West. Especially if Philly runs it back and Giannis continues to improve.

The Warriors could very well struggle to make the playoffs if KD opts in. That’s insane.  Whole league is about to change.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 1