DVDVR Message Board

The 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Toronto

Dolfan in NYC

Obviously I don't know much about basketball, but no exaggeration this was the most important game in the 25 year history of the Raptors, and they came out and dropped the hammer on one of the most dominant dynasties in NBA history.

You can't argue with that moment.

When you've got white folks from Edmonton talking about basketball, something's happening.

• Like 4

When three balls go in, it's super exciting.

But I don't know if I can watch teams run down, quickly chuck a ball and watch it clang off the rim anymore.

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

When three balls go in, it's super exciting.

But I don't know if I can watch teams run down, quickly chuck a ball and watch it clang off the rim anymore.

Wasn't that basketball in the '80s? I remember being shocked how often that would happen (from midrange) in those Lakers/Celtics games when I watched them for the first time a good 15 years ago now.

Happy for Boogie.  

They’re gonna need KD back more than ever on Wednesday if only so Dray can play some center. I assume Klay will play, but Looney being out for the series is a way bigger blow than most realize.  

• Like 1

With Klay, Andre, KD, and Looney all either out or banged up, you could build a legit contender around their injury list right now. And they are still tied up and have stolen home court.

FUCK YES. 

2 games to glory! 

2 posts I said tonight was HUGE. Now I'll say that Friday night is EVEN HUGER. Plus Friday is my birthday, a 3-1 lead would be a fucking awesome birthday gift. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

47 Points and a loss in the finals.  Second only to LeBron's 51. Now Steph knows what it feels like.   Klay and KD need to get healthy. 

KD scored 50+ vs the Raptors this year and lost, too. Not the same, regular season vs playoffs, but another example of how good the Raptors team has been as a whole. 2 more baybayyyy!

I did not expect the Raptors to be up 2-1 but I'm oddly excited about this.  Not sure how much of an underdog they were considered throughout the playoffs.  But even though GSW fans will make (kinda valid in some parts) excuses I just want the Raptors to win.

Kyle Lowry got shoved by a Warriors fan at courtside after he dove into the crowd for a ball.  The fan was ejected. 

Van Gundy siding with the fan is... something. ?